Charles L

Default Dissolving glue

I have a mini hobby drill that I bought secondhand. Something has had it
inside as it won't work anymore. I need to open it up to find out what's
wrong but some pratt (previous owner presumably) has taken out the screws
and glued the casing together. I would just like know if there is anything
that I can use that can dissolve the glue (it might be superglue but I'm not
completely sure) but not the plastic casing . Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Charles

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Charles L wrote:
I have a mini hobby drill that I bought secondhand. Something has had it
inside as it won't work anymore. I need to open it up to find out what's
wrong but some pratt (previous owner presumably) has taken out the
screws and glued the casing together. I would just like know if there is
anything that I can use that can dissolve the glue (it might be
superglue but I'm not completely sure) but not the plastic casing . Any

Mechanical methods are likely to be more use - a scalpel or similar to cut
through the glue.

--
*Letting a cat out of the bag is easier than putting it back in *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Newshound

Mechanical methods are likely to be more use - a scalpel or similar to cut
through the glue.

Agreed, and when you put it back together, use ordinary PVC (electrical)
tape under tension instead of glue, for next time. Similarly if the self
tappers holding two-part plastic mouldings together fail.