Kris

Default 'magazine' glue

Anyone know if the glue used in magazines to fix extras like
cover disks etc. can be purchased ?

It is a like a clear rubbery mastic which fixes well but can be
peeled away easily without leaving marks or ripping the paper.

Ta, Chris

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Kris" writes:
Anyone know if the glue used in magazines to fix extras like
cover disks etc. can be purchased ?

It is a like a clear rubbery mastic which fixes well but can be
peeled away easily without leaving marks or ripping the paper.

I investigated this exact question when I was working with a
previous company. It took some finding (and sorry I don't have
any details of who the supplier was), but it only came in oil
drum size quantities. This was 10 years ago though.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Frank Erskine

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:35:38 -0000, "Kris"
wrote:

Anyone know if the glue used in magazines to fix extras like
cover disks etc. can be purchased ?

It is a like a clear rubbery mastic which fixes well but can be
peeled away easily without leaving marks or ripping the paper.

"Cow Gum".

--
Frank Erskine
Stuart

wrote:

Anyone know if the glue used in magazines to fix extras like
cover disks etc. can be purchased ?

It is a like a clear rubbery mastic which fixes well but can be
peeled away easily without leaving marks or ripping the paper.

"Cow Gum".

Cow Gum used to be used to fix photos in albums
Stuart
nog

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:35:38 -0000, Kris wrote:

Anyone know if the glue used in magazines to fix extras like
cover disks etc. can be purchased ?

It is a like a clear rubbery mastic which fixes well but can be
peeled away easily without leaving marks or ripping the paper.

Your experience of the stuff's properties is different to mine - having had
a few damaged covers, I now give magazines a short burst in the microwave
[1] before attempting removal of freebies.
Sorry, can't help with a source, although I can assure you it isn't Cow
Gum.

[1] Take the CD out of the jewel case first. ;-)

Harry Bloomfield

Kris presented the following explanation :
Anyone know if the glue used in magazines to fix extras like
cover disks etc. can be purchased ?

It is a like a clear rubbery mastic which fixes well but can be
peeled away easily without leaving marks or ripping the paper.

Ta, Chris

Despite the replies given by others, it looks very like hot melt glue
to me. The type you get in sticks to feed into one of those cheap guns.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Mary Fisher

wrote:

Anyone know if the glue used in magazines to fix extras like
cover disks etc. can be purchased ?

It is a like a clear rubbery mastic which fixes well but can be
peeled away easily without leaving marks or ripping the paper.

"Cow Gum".

Cow gum has some of the properties but isn't the same.

Mary

--
Frank Erskine

Grunff

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Despite the replies given by others, it looks very like hot melt glue to
me. The type you get in sticks to feed into one of those cheap guns.

It is nothing like hotmelt glue. It's far, far more flexible and stretchy.

--
Grunff
Lee

Kris wrote:
Anyone know if the glue used in magazines to fix extras like
cover disks etc. can be purchased ?

It is a like a clear rubbery mastic which fixes well but can be
peeled away easily without leaving marks or ripping the paper.

Putting "magazine cover mount glue" in Google gives this site:
http://www.sealock.co.uk/products/peelprin.htm maybe that's a starting
point?

Lee

--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

Kris wrote:
Anyone know if the glue used in magazines to fix extras like
cover disks etc. can be purchased ?

It is a like a clear rubbery mastic which fixes well but can be
peeled away easily without leaving marks or ripping the paper.

Could it be this stuff?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...9184 441&rd=1
But I haven't used it, and people over at a rec.collecting.stamps
looked at me askance when I asked about it there recently.

Chris