Tim Smith

Default towel rail radiator

Hi there,

I am trying to fit a towel rail radiator - the brand seems to be Credo-Uno.

When I opened the packing, one of the riser tubes had a long plastic tube
all the way up the inside. This tube could simply be pulled out. I asked the
supplier about this and they seemed to think it was packing.

However I have now read the instructions properly and they state

"The inlet pipe and inlet riser tube are on the left hand side as standard
but this may be switched to the right hand side by interchanging the riser
tubes."

"Note : If the radiator is to be used on a single pipe heating system,
remove its riser tube prior to installation and use a turbolator valve to
connect it to the heating system."

Now a bit of search on the internet and I believe I understand what a single
pipe heating system is. I have a combi and I have always believed that I
have a flow and return system although Im not sure how to confirm this !

Why would the riser pipe be required for one and not the other ? I have
taken the pipe out now and am not sure which side it went in (I know they
state left but from front or back ?) but I would assume that it goes in the
inlet side (ie normal valve rather than lockshield valve) Is this correct ?

Thanks

Tim