[news]

Default £20 biscuit jointer at Netto

from tomorrow, 17th march 05

yes it's a 'cheap' power tool but not all of them are bad

RT

No Spam

"[news]" wrote:

from tomorrow, 17th march 05

yes it's a 'cheap' power tool but not all of them are bad

Anyone used one of these Netto specials in anger? - they were on offer
a few months back.

20 quid Power G jobbie or 300 quid for a Lamello?

[news]

No Spam wrote:
"[news]" wrote:

from tomorrow, 17th march 05

yes it's a 'cheap' power tool but not all of them are bad

Anyone used one of these Netto specials in anger? - they were on offer
a few months back.

20 quid Power G jobbie or 300 quid for a Lamello?

well, obviously, there's going to be a gulf of difference between a £20
tool and a £300 tool but I'll wager it's servicable and does what i says
on the tin better than an attatchment for an angle grinder and is prolly
less of a mess about that swapping out router bits.

RT

No Spam wrote:
Anyone used one of these Netto specials in anger? - they were on

offer
a few months back.

Friend of mine bought one last time they had them in.

It's not as refined as the Ferm (!) from Screwfix. It's a bit more
plasticky, the adjustment didn't seem as easy and, IIRC, it doesn't
have the rubber insert on the face plate to grip the workpiece, but it
does the job OK.

Having compared them I was glad I'd got the Ferm at =A335ish (which was
about the most I could justify for the limited times I use it) but the
twenty quid Netto seems like a decent enough deal.

HTH.

Andy Hall

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:57:51 GMT, "[news]" wrote:

from tomorrow, 17th march 05

yes it's a 'cheap' power tool but not all of them are bad

RT

Presumably they have these on offer alongside the own-brand digestives
- buy five packets and the joiner comes for free.

It should be accurate enough to join two logs together to make a
treehouse for the kids, although they should be warned that the
biscuits are not the chocolate variety.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Biscuit jointer Chuck Hoffman Woodworking 3 February 7th 05 05:22 PM
A Few Notes on My New Grizzly G1018HW 8" jointer Darrell Woodworking 5 March 5th 04 12:19 AM
O'Malley Biscuit Jointer Mike Coonrod Woodworking 1 February 11th 04 05:21 AM
Which Biscuit Jointer? Reader UK diy 9 February 5th 04 05:50 PM
Mounted biscuit jointer JR Woodworking 3 December 7th 03 06:55 PM