Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Simon Pleasants

Default Cheap drills

Having only bought my own place a year ago I've recently had a lot of
DIY projects on the go (mostly fairly tame ones) and a few months back
was forced to buy a drill when the one I was borrowing was recalled by
its owner.

I was just wondering what people's opinions were on the various cheap
impact drills around? The seem to be some makes which make only cheap
ones, like Clark, Ferm and Performance Power, others which make some
cheap ones and some expensive ones, like Draper and Skil.

Then there are those names which everyone knows, like Black & Decker
and Bosch which are more expensive DIY tools than the cheap DIY but
cheaper than the professional only manufacturers like DeWalt and
Makita (as well as much cheaper than their own pro range).

How do the cheap only tools like a Clark measure up to a cheap Draper
and how does a Performance Power drill measure up to something more
recognised, but essentially the same such as the Black & Decker DIY
drills?

Any advice appreciated (and the same question goes in respect to the
cordless drill drivers they all make as well).

Is £25 cheap for a IR thermometer? Kalico UK diy 11 January 26th 04 06:41 AM
Cheap Garden Room mich UK diy 2 November 30th 03 03:59 PM
Core drills David Hearn UK diy 14 October 25th 03 07:40 PM
Cheap Compressors Mark Spice UK diy 13 July 28th 03 02:07 AM