Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Kevin Brady

Default Setting Resin anchors into existing masonry

I have a new cranked steel beam (inclined), which at one end fixes to the
existing wall of my house (like a lean-to) using a steel plate with two
holes to receive resin anchor fixings.

I'm guessing I need to drill two oversize holes in the brickwork, fill them
with some resin and then put some 12mm studding in and let it set, before
offering the steel up to it and screwing a nut on to hold it all in place.

Would someone be kind enough to confirm this or otherwise, and offer any
hard-learnt tips (including what type/form of resin I need, where I can get
it, setting times etc.)

Many thanks in advance.

p.s. I have a similar fixing at the lower end where another plate is fixed
to a pc concrete padstone using resin acnhors - I assume that the method
will be similar, but welcome comments to the contrary.

regards

KB

--
KEVIN BRADY, Oxford

resin anchor question urchaidh UK diy 1 February 9th 05 09:05 PM
Resin anchor systems - good/bad? Seri UK diy 3 February 8th 05 05:49 PM
Slow down a drill press: 2nd motor and use the existing motor as a countershaft? David Malicky Metalworking 3 May 12th 04 05:10 AM
Anchoring concrete block row and base plate to existing porch slab? Stellijer Home Repair 5 March 31st 04 04:51 AM
Pinning new patio to existing foundation Jeff Home Repair 0 January 21st 04 03:24 AM