Kevin Brady

Default Setting Resin anchors into existing masonry

I have a new cranked steel beam (inclined), which at one end fixes to the
existing wall of my house (like a lean-to) using a steel plate with two
holes to receive resin anchor fixings.

I'm guessing I need to drill two oversize holes in the brickwork, fill them
with some resin and then put some 12mm studding in and let it set, before
offering the steel up to it and screwing a nut on to hold it all in place.

Would someone be kind enough to confirm this or otherwise, and offer any
hard-learnt tips (including what type/form of resin I need, where I can get
it, setting times etc.)

Many thanks in advance.

p.s. I have a similar fixing at the lower end where another plate is fixed
to a pc concrete padstone using resin acnhors - I assume that the method
will be similar, but welcome comments to the contrary.

regards

KB

--
KEVIN BRADY, Oxford