The Natural Philosopher

Mike wrote:

tony sayer wrote:

Not when I worked at Neve and Audix

Mm. They never offered me enough at the interviews Tony, so I left the
business.

Their loss it seems.

Perhaps we should all set up a new audio company to show how it should be
done :-)

No money in it.

The Natural Philosopher

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Mike wrote:

.. .

tony sayer wrote:

Not when I worked at Neve and Audix

Mm. They never offered me enough at the interviews Tony, so I left the
business.

Their loss it seems.

Perhaps we should all set up a new audio company to show how it should be
done :-)

Rupert - or his minions - certainly produced some fine sounding gear. His
EQ - and compressor/limiters - haven't IMHO been surpassed yet. Although
I've got a couple of really ancient Pye compressors that are even sweeter.
I'd love to get hold of a working BBC Lim2 - designed before WW2 - and
perhaps the nicest limiter ever, but memories tend to be short, audio
wise. One case where valves do rule?

You can so just about everythig on a big DSP in software these days.

Which I wouldn't mind...its not the hardware..its the algorithms...

If I could find a decent testbed to try em out on...
tony sayer

In article , Mike
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message
Not when I worked at Neve and Audix

Mm. They never offered me enough at the interviews Tony, so I left the
business.

Their loss it seems.

LOL!,

This was a long time ago now. I left Neve after falling fowl of the
"prayer meetings after work" policy that went on there;!. Course they
wouldn't get away with that sort of caper nowadays..

Was that when they were at Melbourne (Cambs, not Aus) ?
I think nowadays it's more "work after work" as the business is so
cut-throat.

Around 1972 when they were at Melbourn, Nr Royston Herts)
--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer

Christ! You are right....Never did figure out how putting your hand in
the back of the TV to 'feel the power of Jesus' would result in better
equipment...

Moind you, at leats you never worked for the ginger pig. Psomiscuous sex
mandatoty in every nook and cranny, and good design frowned on. Only
bull**** and semen seemed to count.

"Ginger pig" ?????
--
Tony Sayer

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Moind you, at leats you never worked for the ginger pig. Psomiscuous sex
mandatoty in every nook and cranny, and good design frowned on. Only
bull**** and semen seemed to count.

"Ginger pig" ?????

Same here. Do tell. :-)

--
*Great groups from little icons grow *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Holly, in France

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Moind you, at leats you never worked for the ginger pig.
Psomiscuous sex mandatoty in every nook and cranny, and good design
frowned on. Only bull**** and semen seemed to count.

"Ginger pig" ?????

Same here. Do tell. :-)

The rest of it wasn't exactly self-explanatory either :-)

--
Holly, in France.
Holiday home in the Dordogne,
The Natural Philosopher

tony sayer wrote:

Christ! You are right....Never did figure out how putting your hand in
the back of the TV to 'feel the power of Jesus' would result in better
equipment...

Moind you, at leats you never worked for the ginger pig. Psomiscuous sex
mandatoty in every nook and cranny, and good design frowned on. Only
bull**** and semen seemed to count.

"Ginger pig" ?????

Think 'pocket televisions' and 'pocket calculators'.
tony sayer

In article , The Natural
Philosopher writes
tony sayer wrote:

Christ! You are right....Never did figure out how putting your hand in
the back of the TV to 'feel the power of Jesus' would result in better
equipment...

Moind you, at leats you never worked for the ginger pig. Psomiscuous sex
mandatoty in every nook and cranny, and good design frowned on. Only
bull**** and semen seemed to count.

"Ginger pig" ?????

Think 'pocket televisions' and 'pocket calculators'.

Ah!, Him. Was an article on how he kept the girlies "interested" on TV
the other week)
--
Tony Sayer

The Natural Philosopher

tony sayer wrote:

In article , The Natural
Philosopher writes

tony sayer wrote:

Christ! You are right....Never did figure out how putting your hand in
the back of the TV to 'feel the power of Jesus' would result in better
equipment...

Moind you, at leats you never worked for the ginger pig. Psomiscuous sex
mandatoty in every nook and cranny, and good design frowned on. Only
bull**** and semen seemed to count.

"Ginger pig" ?????

Think 'pocket televisions' and 'pocket calculators'.

Ah!, Him. Was an article on how he kept the girlies "interested" on TV
the other week)

Was that the under 16 ones?

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Moind you, at leats you never worked for the ginger pig. Psomiscuous
sex mandatoty in every nook and cranny, and good design frowned on.
Only bull**** and semen seemed to count.

"Ginger pig" ?????

Think 'pocket televisions' and 'pocket calculators'.

Ah. Perhaps also pocket abacus?

--
*If a thing is worth doing, wouldn't it have been done already?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

tony sayer

In article , The Natural
Philosopher writes
tony sayer wrote:

In article , The Natural
Philosopher writes

tony sayer wrote:

Christ! You are right....Never did figure out how putting your hand in
the back of the TV to 'feel the power of Jesus' would result in better
equipment...

Moind you, at leats you never worked for the ginger pig. Psomiscuous sex
mandatoty in every nook and cranny, and good design frowned on. Only
bull**** and semen seemed to count.

"Ginger pig" ?????

Think 'pocket televisions' and 'pocket calculators'.

Ah!, Him. Was an article on how he kept the girlies "interested" on TV
the other week)

Was that the under 16 ones?

He didn't!, well I never;((
--
Tony Sayer

Capitol

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Moind you, at leats you never worked for the ginger pig.

Was highly popular when I looked at one of his TV designs and told him
we wouldn't touch making the UHF tuner for it under any circumstances or
at any price! (and we made crap!, which did actually work!)

Regards
Capitol
The Natural Philosopher

Capitol wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Moind you, at leats you never worked for the ginger pig.

Was highly popular when I looked at one of his TV designs and told
him we wouldn't touch making the UHF tuner for it under any
circumstances or at any price! (and we made crap!, which did actually
work!)

Sound decision that.

I worked on that bloody thing. I proved it wouldn;t work. I was bawled
out for it.

Taught me more about marekting and being a coin man than anyine lese I
worked to sice, and they've all been crooks mostly.

The very biggest get knighthoods/peerages of course. Sir Francis Drake,
Lord Archer etc etc.

Regards
Capitol

Mike

"tony sayer" wrote in message
This was a long time ago now. I left Neve after falling fowl of the
"prayer meetings after work" policy that went on there;!. Course they
wouldn't get away with that sort of caper nowadays..

Was that when they were at Melbourne (Cambs, not Aus) ?
I think nowadays it's more "work after work" as the business is so
cut-throat.

Around 1972 when they were at Melbourn, Nr Royston Herts)

That's the one. The Royal Mail insist Melbourn is in Herts as well even
though it is physically in, and pays taxes to, Cambs. There's a genetic
engineering company there now.