Diccon

Default Water Temperature for underfloor heating

I have had underfloor heating installed in a kitchen extention. The
builder installed a thermostatic mixer valve to feed this. The flow
through this valve appears to be inadequate to heat the floor. If I
bypass the valve the floor gets hot so the pipework is ok. I have
stripped and cleaned the valve and set it to max heat to no avail. If I
replace the valve what water temperature should I be aiming for. Can
anyone recommend a suitable valve.

Doctor Evil

"Diccon" wrote in message
ups.com...

I have had underfloor heating installed in a kitchen extention. The
builder installed a thermostatic mixer valve to feed this. The flow
through this valve appears to be inadequate to heat the floor. If I
bypass the valve the floor gets hot so the pipework is ok. I have
stripped and cleaned the valve and set it to max heat to no avail. If I
replace the valve what water temperature should I be aiming for. Can
anyone recommend a suitable valve.

Temp should be between 25C - 50C.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Christian McArdle

I have had underfloor heating installed in a kitchen extention. The
builder installed a thermostatic mixer valve to feed this. The flow
through this valve appears to be inadequate to heat the floor.

Has it ever worked? Perhaps the installer was incompetent and never
installed the correct pipework layout/pumps. Something has to pump the cold
water through the TMV, as well as the hot.

Christian.

Rick

On 8 Mar 2005 08:46:47 -0800, "Diccon" wrote:

I have had underfloor heating installed in a kitchen extention. The
builder installed a thermostatic mixer valve to feed this. The flow
through this valve appears to be inadequate to heat the floor. If I
bypass the valve the floor gets hot so the pipework is ok. I have
stripped and cleaned the valve and set it to max heat to no avail. If I
replace the valve what water temperature should I be aiming for. Can
anyone recommend a suitable valve.

mine runs in the low 30's.

Rick

The Natural Philosopher

Rick wrote:

On 8 Mar 2005 08:46:47 -0800, "Diccon" wrote:

I have had underfloor heating installed in a kitchen extention. The
builder installed a thermostatic mixer valve to feed this. The flow
through this valve appears to be inadequate to heat the floor. If I
bypass the valve the floor gets hot so the pipework is ok. I have
stripped and cleaned the valve and set it to max heat to no avail. If I
replace the valve what water temperature should I be aiming for. Can
anyone recommend a suitable valve.

mine runs in the low 30's.

Rick

Mine runs up to about 55C.

I think 60C is max reccommended

how often should the hot H2O heater turn on question patliz Home Ownership 5 September 3rd 04 07:15 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM