Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mark Carver

Default Ring Main Wiring

I have two ring mains, (downstairs and upstairs) both fed from 32A MCBs
in the consumer unit. The 'downstairs' MCB has three live connections,
so I assume there's a spur somewhere ?

I wish to add a small ring of 13A sockets (6 x 13A double sockets) in a
new conservatory. As the downstairs ring is rather busy with kitchen
appliances etc, I am planning to add this new ring to the 'upstairs' MCB.

A: Can I do this ?

B: Can I take a 6.0mm T&E from the consumer unit to the conservatory,
and connect the other end to the new 2.5mm ring closer to the
conservatory ?

TIA
--
Mark

socket from the ring main Richard UK diy 6 February 25th 05 06:30 PM
Ring Main help Denis UK diy 10 February 15th 05 10:08 PM
FCU Wired to Ring Main? [email protected] UK diy 23 January 11th 05 12:23 PM
Ring mains and consumer unit David UK diy 2 January 14th 04 04:36 PM