richard

Default Smeg dishwasher hose

Hi

I need to replace the hiose on my new Smeg dishwasher (hose was
punctured by a nail) but looking inside the hose clips on to what I assume
is a pump right in the depths of the machine.

Does anyone know if there is a technqiue to this, or should I just call an
engineer? I'm resonably adept at these things (honest) so don't mind a
bit of spanner work, but don't want to bodge it all

Cheers
Richard
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Rob Morley
writes

A good bodge is to cut it through the damaged part, insert a piece of
copper pipe and fasten with hose clips.

Doesn't work very well with the corrugated plastic drain pipes.

--
..sigmonster on vacation

Ian_m

A good bodge is to cut it through the damaged part, insert a piece of
copper pipe and fasten with hose clips.

Been there done that not very well. I think the problem is 22mm copper pipe
is the not just the right size, just too big, I think the pipe was about
20mm diameter. I crushed and cracked a waste pipe on an old washing machine
and tried this bodge. I bodged even more by applying liberal amounts of
silcone sealant, bad move as the acetic acid given off attacks the copper,
even though the bodge was water tight. Also suffered as the reduce bore at
the copper pipe collected gunk.

Anyway a replacement standard 1.5m or 2m hose was only about £2 from a
plumbers merchant (B&Q price was about £10), undid back panel of washing
machine, released jubilee clip holding old waste pipe onto pump, flooded the
floor with left over water, attached new pipe (+bit of fiddling to get
through metal work) and machine worked fine for years.

Mike Tomlinson

In article , Rob Morley
writes

Agreed - I was assuming supply, not drain. Would solvent glue and a
bit of plastic pipe work for the drain?

I managed to do it with a plastic coupler and hot-melt glue, then
covering the joint with self-amalgamating tape.

But the bore constriction presented by the coupler meant that food
scraps, particularly grains of rice, would clog the pipe eventually and
I got fed up and did what I should have done in the first place - bought
a complete new pipe.

--
..sigmonster on vacation

richard

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 20:11:29 +0000, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

In article , Rob Morley
writes

Agreed - I was assuming supply, not drain. Would solvent glue and a
bit of plastic pipe work for the drain?

I managed to do it with a plastic coupler and hot-melt glue, then
covering the joint with self-amalgamating tape.

But the bore constriction presented by the coupler meant that food
scraps, particularly grains of rice, would clog the pipe eventually and
I got fed up and did what I should have done in the first place - bought
a complete new pipe.

I have a pipe already. It seems as though the fitting on the Smeg is
unreachable with any adult male hand. Is there something I'm not
understanding about how to fit the pipe, I wonder?

Mike Tomlinson

In article , richard
writes

I have a pipe already. It seems as though the fitting on the Smeg is
unreachable with any adult male hand. Is there something I'm not
understanding about how to fit the pipe, I wonder?

I had to lie my Hotpoint dishwasher on one side (on a towel) to get at
the pump and pipe fitting. Access from the service panel under the door
was next to impossible.

--
Rarely do people communicate; they just take turns talking.
(source unknown)