mark b

Default Full elecrical test?

I'm putting my house on the market in the next few weeks.
I can see the advantages in having an electrical certificate to impress
would be buyers.

There may have been some electrical work that wasn't done to Part P, all
pre-dated it of course!

If I get a sparky round to check it out and give me a certificate what sort
of checks would he do?
Also what could I expect to pay?

Thank you.

mark b

Lobster

mark b wrote:
I'm putting my house on the market in the next few weeks.
I can see the advantages in having an electrical certificate to impress
would be buyers.

Unless there's glaring problems withe the electrics (which presumably
there aren't, or you wouldn't be thinking of having a test done) I
really can't see buyers getting excited about whether there's an
electrical report done or not. Do you really think someone will buy or
not buy your house because you haven't got a report to show them? If a
prospective purchaser raises concerns with the electrics during
negotiations, you could think about it then, maybe?

If I get a sparky round to check it out and give me a certificate what sort
of checks would he do?
Also what could I expect to pay?

I had a Periodic Inspection (which is what you'd need) done on a 2-up 2
down which I'd rewired pre-Part P; cost 85 quid IIRC, which I think is
quite reasonable compared to what I've heard others have paid. It
involved stuff like checking for presence of correct
earthing/supplementary bonding, electrical continuity of all circuits,
checking for safe and correct wiring etc etc.

David
mark b

Do you really think someone will buy or
not buy your house because you haven't got a report to show them?

Good answer. I'm going with this idea and do nothing.

Thank you.
mark b