Alan

Default Additional handset for BPT door entry system

Hi,

Does anyone here know if it is possible to add a second handset to an
existing BPT door entry system?.
My friend has a duplex flat and it is a pain having to keep going
downstairs.

Looking at the BPT web site, it looks like he has a C/200 but I have no
idea if it is analogue or digital. The flat is 7 years old and there
are only 5 flats in the block

If so, any tips for doing it? I'm hoping it is a simple case of wiring
another one in parallel with the original one.

I've looked on the BPT site - there are wiring diagrams there but no
way of identifying which one corresponds to which model.

Thanks,

Alan.

Owain

"Alan" wrote
| Does anyone here know if it is possible to add a second
| handset to an existing BPT door entry system?.

(Almost always) Yes.

| My friend has a duplex flat and it is a pain having to
| keep going downstairs.
| Looking at the BPT web site, it looks like he has a C/200
| but I have no idea if it is analogue or digital. The flat
| is 7 years old and there are only 5 flats in the block

Almost certainly analogue.

| If so, any tips for doing it? I'm hoping it is a simple
| case of wiring another one in parallel with the original one.

Take old handset off wall - usually lifts off on keyhole screws. Check model
no on underside or open and look at wiring.

| I've looked on the BPT site - there are wiring diagrams there
| but no way of identifying which one corresponds to which model.

www.safelink.co.uk are quite helpful.

Owain

Lurch

On 22 Feb 2005 09:35:39 -0800, "Alan"
strung together this:

Does anyone here know if it is possible to add a second handset to an
existing BPT door entry system?.

Pass, try ringing BPT.

Looking at the BPT web site, it looks like he has a C/200 but I have no
idea if it is analogue or digital. The flat is 7 years old and there
are only 5 flats in the block

If so, any tips for doing it? I'm hoping it is a simple case of wiring
another one in parallel with the original one.

Off the top of my head, ('cos my manuals are all in the car!), it
should be as everything on each handset is idle until it's picked up.
If it doesn't work then a couple of relays can be used to isolate one
when the other is picked up, powered from the switch under the
earpiece on the base.

I've looked on the BPT site - there are wiring diagrams there but no
way of identifying which one corresponds to which model.

I think the C200 handset is pretty straightforward, DC for the comms
and an AC switched for the buzzer and a NO AC loop for the lock
release.
--

SJW
Sugar Free

wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone here know if it is possible to add a second handset to an
existing BPT door entry system?.

Usually, yes.

My friend has a duplex flat and it is a pain having to keep going
downstairs.

Looking at the BPT web site, it looks like he has a C/200 but I have no
idea if it is analogue or digital. The flat is 7 years old and there
are only 5 flats in the block

Probably analogue.

If so, any tips for doing it? I'm hoping it is a simple case of wiring
another one in parallel with the original one.

Terminal 5 will be the common negative
Terminal 7 is the call signal
Terminal 8 is Audio signal to handset
Terminal 9 is Audio signal to Door panel

The key terminals are, natrurally a push to make pair,

I've looked on the BPT site - there are wiring diagrams there but no
way of identifying which one corresponds to which model.

Try http://www.bpt.it/ut/schemari/L841004X01.pdf

Alan

Superb guys,

Sounds like a skoosh.
I'll let you know how I get on.

Alan.

Closed system open system raditors Adam Topp UK diy 6 September 16th 03 06:14 PM
Radiators and CH system... Christian McArdle UK diy 4 September 2nd 03 04:10 PM
CH system has no vent on primary Keith Refson - real email address in signature UK diy 8 August 27th 03 04:28 PM
Water system problem BigWallop UK diy 2 August 8th 03 11:12 AM
mains Hot water, and do I convert open heating to a closed heating system Ian Tracey UK diy 5 July 18th 03 09:55 AM