Default Air vents: alternative to white plastic

I currently have a "bog standard" white plastic air vent on my kitchen
wall, similar to:

The air vent is near to the gas boiler, which has an external
thru-the-wall horizontal flue. I think the air vent may be have been
installed to provide extra ventilation just in case.

For safety reasons, therefore, I am quite happy to leave the air vent.
But it is original 1970s and now looks scruffy.

Anywhere I can buy "fancy looking" air vents as a replacement?

Bruce

[news]

I currently have a "bog standard" white plastic air vent on my kitchen
wall, similar to:

The air vent is near to the gas boiler, which has an external
thru-the-wall horizontal flue. I think the air vent may be have been
installed to provide extra ventilation just in case.

For safety reasons, therefore, I am quite happy to leave the air vent.
But it is original 1970s and now looks scruffy.

Anywhere I can buy "fancy looking" air vents as a replacement?

Bruce

boat chandlers do brass ones and I've seen aluminium ones which would
allow the possibility to have them either anodised or polished.

RT

Owain

Bruce wrote
| I currently have a "bog standard" white plastic air vent
| on my kitchen wall, similar to:
| http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...14434&ts=82730
|
| The air vent is near to the gas boiler, which has an external
| thru-the-wall horizontal flue. I think the air vent may be
| have been installed to provide extra ventilation just in case.

If it's a balanced flue (room sealed) boiler the vent may no longer be
needed. Check boiler instructions or ask your CORGI at the time of next
safety check or service - don't remove the vent unless you are *sure* it's
not needed.

| For safety reasons, therefore, I am quite happy to leave the
| air vent. But it is original 1970s and now looks scruffy.
| Anywhere I can buy "fancy looking" air vents as a replacement?

Bigger B&Qs have aluminium or brass

Owain

Rob

wrote
Anywhere I can buy "fancy looking" air vents as a replacement?

I saw some wood-effect ones in Arnold Laver, Sheffield, at the weekend
if you're anywhere near. Not sure if they had them in that size/shape
though.

Rob