Chortler

Default Where is the thermal cutoff switch on the bolier?

I have a potterton flamingo boiler & I need to manually reset the
thermal cutoff switch, but I can't find it?!?!?
HELP!!
Ed Sirett

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 03:59:32 -0800, Chortler wrote:

I have a potterton flamingo boiler & I need to manually reset the
thermal cutoff switch, but I can't find it?!?!?
HELP

The cut-out wires are
in series with the thermocouple and connected where the thermocouple
enters the back of the gas valve. I can't remember whether this model has
an electric cut-out switch mounted on the heat exchanger or is operated by
a sensor bulb + capillary tube + resetable switch under neath the boiler.

However there is a reason why it over-heated and that needs to be dealt
with.