JIM MILEMAN

Default Roof trim & DG quote

Hi guys

Know this is not strictly DIY but just had a quote for some work I want
doing but could do with some guidance on what the going rate would be. The
quote is for

32m of soffits, fascia gutters etc - remove wooden stuff and replace with
UPVC
Swap out 1 x 2.4m sliding patio door with French style UPVC doors, side
panels with openers
Swap out 1 x 1.3m sliding patio door with French style UPVC doors

Total of £6620 (I'm in Surrey)

I'm going to get a couple of other quotes but does this seem in the right
ball park

If anyone can recommend a company in the Chessington area so much the better

Thanks

Jim
ps the work is well beyond my capabilities so I can't do it myself

Dave Jones

"JIM MILEMAN" wrote in message
Hi guys

Know this is not strictly DIY but just had a quote for some work I want
doing but could do with some guidance on what the going rate would be. The
quote is for

32m of soffits, fascia gutters etc - remove wooden stuff and replace with
UPVC
Swap out 1 x 2.4m sliding patio door with French style UPVC doors, side
panels with openers
Swap out 1 x 1.3m sliding patio door with French style UPVC doors

Total of £6620 (I'm in Surrey)

snip

about £2000 over I'd say, but as you say your in surrey!

JIM MILEMAN wrote:

32m of soffits, fascia gutters etc - remove wooden stuff and replace

with
UPVC
Swap out 1 x 2.4m sliding patio door with French style UPVC doors,

side
panels with openers
Swap out 1 x 1.3m sliding patio door with French style UPVC doors
=20
Total of =A36620 (I'm in Surrey)

I'd keep ringing round

NT

Ash

[...]

Have you checked your soffits are actually wood and not cement board with
asbestos in them?

Ash

Get a New Roof But Don't Add Any Ventilation? Jay Chan Home Repair 12 March 30th 04 05:16 PM
Anyone want some heart pine roof decking? woodyq Woodworking 1 March 29th 04 11:25 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry Home Repair 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
Inexpensive Trim Options? HerHusband Woodworking 8 January 20th 04 06:40 PM