Steve P

Often called the "Marquis" system
See http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/marquis1.htm for a programming
guide
Good Luck!

"Stuart" wrote in message
Bought a mini phone exchange of ebay, didn't quite know what I was
getting,
it looks a bit complex can anyone give me a few clues were to start. The
sellar is not going to be of any help, and their is no instructions!

Not shown in the photo's is the four phones that accompanied the system!

http://www.stuartstuart.fsnet.co.uk/misc/phonex/

Thought I was getting a bargin a 20 notes, I am now not so sure!

Lurch

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:21:14 -0000, "Stuart" strung
together this:

Bought a mini phone exchange of ebay, didn't quite know what I was getting,
it looks a bit complex can anyone give me a few clues were to start. The
sellar is not going to be of any help, and their is no instructions!

Er, well! Sling the left hand two boxes, they're not required for the
system to function. Follow the link on the other reply and away you
go.
--

SJW

Owain

"Steve P" wrote
| "Stuart" wrote
| Bought a mini phone exchange of ebay, didn't quite know
| what I was getting,
| it looks a bit complex can anyone give me a few clues
| were to start. The sellar is not going to be of any help,
| and their is no instructions!
| Not shown in the photo's is the four phones that accompanied
| the system!
| http://www.stuartstuart.fsnet.co.uk/misc/phonex/
| Thought I was getting a bargin a 20 notes, I am now not so sure!
| Often called the "Marquis" system
| See http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/marquis1.htm for a
| programming guide

Mmm, Marquis ... two places I worked had them and in both places I could
hardly comprehend the caller, the audio quality was so bad. One of my least
favourite phones systems of all time I would think.

This seller has some Marquis phones -- as he appears not to have the control
unit they may not attract much interest -- if you want to throw more money
at the project.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5752575423
(no connection with the seller)

I think the Streamline unit is some form of Cable and Wireless prefix
dialler for least cost routing and could be ignored.

The left-hand-latch sockets needed for the plugs on the extensions used to
be stocked by RS.

Owain

Stuart

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:21:14 -0000, "Stuart" strung
together this:

Bought a mini phone exchange of ebay, didn't quite know what I was

getting,
it looks a bit complex can anyone give me a few clues were to start. The
sellar is not going to be of any help, and their is no instructions!

Er, well! Sling the left hand two boxes, they're not required for the
system to function. Follow the link on the other reply and away you
go.
--

What are the lefthand most two boxes for ?

Lurch

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:42:56 -0000, "Stuart" strung
together this:

What are the lefthand most two boxes for ?

To do with call routing, they are of no use unless you have the
appropriate carriers set up on your line, which you won't as they are
generally programmed for a specific site. I've chucked loads in the
skip as it's easier than trying to get them to do anything remotely
useful.
--

SJW

Stuart wrote:
Bought a mini phone exchange of ebay, didn't quite know what I was

getting,
it looks a bit complex can anyone give me a few clues were to start.

The
sellar is not going to be of any help, and their is no instructions!

Not shown in the photo's is the four phones that accompanied the

system!

http://www.stuartstuart.fsnet.co.uk/misc/phonex/

Thought I was getting a bargin a 20 notes, I am now not so sure!

Well, if you get to give up point, hopefully you wont, but if you do
you can implement a crude phone exchange using just an answerphone.

NT

Owain wrote:
| Often called the "Marquis" system
| See http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/marquis1.htm for a
| programming guide
This seller has some Marquis phones -- as he appears not to have the

control
unit they may not attract much interest -- if you want to throw more

money
at the project.

There's a seller now on Ebay offering installation instructions.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5757211610

No connection with the seller.

Owain

Goo Goo

wrote in message
oups.com...
Owain wrote:
| Often called the "Marquis" system
| See http://web.ukonline.co.uk/freshwater/marquis1.htm for a
| programming guide
This seller has some Marquis phones -- as he appears not to have the

control
unit they may not attract much interest -- if you want to throw more

money
at the project.

There's a seller now on Ebay offering installation instructions.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5757211610

No connection with the seller.

My name's Mr.Marquis, if that helps?