Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
none

Default sanding floorboards - advice, pitfalls?

Hi

I am able to wallpaper and paint but have never taken on anything more
than this.

I would like to sand the floorboards in my lounge and then stain
them/polish them so that they are smooth and reasonably light in colour
- not dark mahogany, more teak or oak!

I need to hire a sander, and I believe I also need to hire a second
'edge' sander.

Would this be the correct approach?

1. carefully sand the floor.
2.hoover up and wipe away all sawdust and dust.
3. wipe of the floorboards with a damp cloth.
4. stain the floor boards with the appropriate colour of wood stain

Thanks for any advice

R.