Rob Morley

In article , "none ""richardm
\"@(none)"" none ""richardm\"@(none)" says...
Hi

I am able to wallpaper and paint but have never taken on anything more
than this.

I would like to sand the floorboards in my lounge and then stain
them/polish them so that they are smooth and reasonably light in colour
- not dark mahogany, more teak or oak!

I need to hire a sander, and I believe I also need to hire a second
'edge' sander.

Would this be the correct approach?

1. carefully sand the floor.
2.hoover up and wipe away all sawdust and dust.
3. wipe of the floorboards with a damp cloth.
4. stain the floor boards with the appropriate colour of wood stain

Thanks for any advice

0.1 Fix down any loose boards.
0.2 Punch down any nails that are near the surface.
0.3 Remove skirting board.

5. You'll need to seal it with something after you've stained it.