Bob

Default mixer-taps

my kitchen mixer tap is dripping, presumably I need to replace the washer or
whatever. It's a Carron Pheonix Aztec. (similar to this one:
http://www.carron.com/products/Taps/Aztec.htm) There is a collar around the
neck of the outlet pipe, do I remove this and if so do I have to turn the
hot and cold water supplies off?

Thanks for any help

Bob

Set Square

Bob wrote:

my kitchen mixer tap is dripping, presumably I need to replace the
washer or whatever. It's a Carron Pheonix Aztec. (similar to this
one: http://www.carron.com/products/Taps/Aztec.htm) There is a
collar around the neck of the outlet pipe, do I remove this and if so
do I have to turn the hot and cold water supplies off?

Thanks for any help

Bob

Are they quarter turn taps? If so, they probably have ceramic discs rather
than conventional washers.

I imaging you get at them by removing the knobs. There's probably a screw
under the red and blue markers in the centre of the knobs.

You *will* need to turn the water off before dismantling the tap. Hopefully
you have a quarter-turn service valve on each supply pipe? You shouldn't
need to disturb the outlet spout.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

bath/shower mixer taps Riz1 UK diy 2 October 27th 04 09:58 PM
No Cold Water coming from Mixer Taps on Bath Victoria UK diy 12 October 25th 04 11:33 PM
Mixer taps with unabalanced water pressure? Claudio Potenza UK diy 2 February 14th 04 10:41 PM
Problem with a mixer shower taps jay UK diy 2 November 11th 03 02:21 AM
Champagne mixer basin taps Martin UK diy 5 July 14th 03 09:48 AM