Default Baxi bahama 100 cuts out after 5 to 20 seconds

I have a 6 year old combi which keeps losing pressure and now cutting
out after a couple of seconds. Everything seems fine apart from the cut
out. If the boiler runs long enough, I get hot water but then it cuts
out.

I have looked through previous similar messages and I believe it could
be either the exansion vessel or the pump.

Interstingly I disconnect the pump and the boiler still behaved the
same (Starts and then cuts out exactly the same).

The boiler has exhibited the problem before usually failing in the
morning however I got it to start by switching it on and off a few
times.

Below are a few things That may or may not be relevant:

-Boiler Fires up smoothly but cuts out just as water heats up
-Pressure keeps dropping in system (despite no leaks and rads. bled)
-The radiators did have quite a lot of air in them before bleeding
-Shower requires cold water on to get a decent heat (Wasn't always like
that)
-Baxi replaced the front panel and gas valve recently.
-Fan makes a lot of noise but works
-Generally the boiler makes a lot of noise starting up but then
quietens later.

I have spent a lot of money on this piece of C**p and have been ripped
off by baxi who charged =A3235 to get the boiler working temporarily and
ignored all the problems I mentioned. Baxi now want more money to fix
what they did not fix properly.

Any help apreciated
alex

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mac the spoon

Given the age of your boiler you will have done well if you haven't
already replaced the EFD and ECS boards. If you still have the
installation and service instructions, the flow chart at the back has
always helped me in diagnosing and fixing the faults as they happen,
the most recent of which has again been another flow switch problem. I
sympathise with your sentiments about this boiler and I'm also damned if
I'll fork out another heap of money to replace it yet.

According to my flowchart, if the failure neon comes on then the EDS
may be at fault but I am guessing that if it simply cuts off it is
going to be the CH flow switch at fault (I disconnected mine and
bridged the terminals with a piece of wire to prove this before then
ordering a new one).

--
Mac the spoon