Kerry Hoskin

Default Triton T50i shower cold'ish

our shower packed in this morning its a Triton T50i it works but the water
is barley luke warm, I think one of the elements might have gone. Any ideas
as to the best place for spare parts and a likely cost? Is it likely to be
one of the elements? Reducing the flow rate does warm the water up
slightly.

Lurch

On Wed, 26 May 2004 22:04:09 +0100, "Kerry Hoskin"
strung together this:

Any ideas
as to the best place for spare parts and a likely cost?

Give Triton spare parts division a call, I can't remember the number
off hand but it's on the instruction book somewhere. I usually use
them, they're reasonably priced and good at delivery.

Is it likely to be
one of the elements? Reducing the flow rate does warm the water up
slightly.

It does sound like it could be, it could be the overheat cutout that
has gone open circuit but they're usually commoned across both
elements. It might be worth just whipping the cover off and testing
it, if you know how.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
BigWallop

"Kerry Hoskin" wrote in message
our shower packed in this morning its a Triton T50i it works but the water
is barley luke warm, I think one of the elements might have gone. Any ideas
as to the best place for spare parts and a likely cost? Is it likely to be
one of the elements? Reducing the flow rate does warm the water up
slightly.

This should help you out:

http://www.triton-showers.co.uk/index.php3

By coincidence, I've just bought a new heater tank from them for a totally
different application than a shower. The site is very helpful.

Tony Williams

In article ,
Kerry Hoskin wrote:
our shower packed in this morning its a Triton T50i it works but
the water is barley luke warm, I think one of the elements might
have gone. Any ideas as to the best place for spare parts and a
likely cost? Is it likely to be one of the elements? Reducing
the flow rate does warm the water up slightly.

Important question..... Has there been a slight smell
of electrical overheat from the shower in the last
few days?

If so the problem is likely to be one of the internal
on/off switches burning out. Either one of the two
little pressure-sensing microswitches (the most likely)
or the overtemperature safety switch in the boiler
assembly.

Those little pressure-sensitive microswitches are
required to switch an outrageously high current (about
19A for one, and 12A for the other afair) and this
makes them the weak point in the design, with a
guaranteed limited life.

So check these first if possible... the most obvious
sign would be that the leads to a microswitch have
melted their pvc insulation (as the switch overheated).

Even if you do go for a new boiler assembly it would
be prudent to fit new microswitches at the same time.

--
Tony Williams.
Kerry Hoskin

not going to bother now, my other half went and got a replacement in
Homebase for £35.

I'm planning on putting in a new bathroom next year and will stick in a mix
shower then, so all this is just a bit of a pain up the arse.

Cheers

Kerry

"Tony Williams" wrote in message
In article ,
Kerry Hoskin wrote:
[...]

writes
our shower packed in this morning its a Triton T50i it works but the water
is barley luke warm, I think one of the elements might have gone. Any ideas
as to the best place for spare parts and a likely cost? Is it likely to be
one of the elements? Reducing the flow rate does warm the water up
slightly.

T50i is no longer supported and was obsoleted by T60. I have an even
older T50 which I am trying to get swapped out once all the other stuff
in the bathroom caused by poor bath seal is seen to
Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.

Shower Pump Martin UK diy 2 January 26th 04 10:23 PM
p*ss poor flow rate to newly installed shower John UK diy 5 November 25th 03 04:42 PM
Shower screen grumble... David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 September 5th 03 05:49 PM
Triton T80 Shower cutting out..... BAH UK diy 6 July 11th 03 02:51 PM