Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Howie

Default How to repair a section of top layer of plywood only?

Hi all,

I am struggling to work out how to repair a section of plywood
which was damaged and subsequently became a bit waterlogged.

This is a section approx the size of my hand and I can rub it
down to undamaged, hard wood all around.

However, as this is a section of my boat wheelhouse, and as such,
built from a very large single sheet of ply, - and as I am not a
carpenter by any stretch of the imagination, I really don't want
to cut this section out or attempt to replace the whole sheet.

Can anyone give me a hint about rebuilding just this single layer
as a good, strong, invisible repair. The finish is paint, - so I
_can_ cover up, - a bit :-)

Appreciate any help,

Regards,

H.

--
Howard Coakley
e-mail... howarddot}coakleyatcoakleydot].codotuk