DavidD

Default Flooring!

I'm looking for some reclaimed floorboards (the room is about 10ft sq) I'm
near cambridge so could go to solarpark however I'm not sure I want to pay
their prices.
Are there any other reclamation yards nearby? Or does anyone have any going
spare?

Thanks

David

Mary Fisher

"DavidD" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking for some reclaimed floorboards (the room is about 10ft sq) I'm
near cambridge so could go to solarpark however I'm not sure I want to pay
their prices.
Are there any other reclamation yards nearby? Or does anyone have any
going spare?

Doesn't your council have such yards?

Mary

Thanks

David

Meldrew of Meldreth

In article , DavidD
writes
I'm looking for some reclaimed floorboards (the room is about 10ft sq) I'm
near cambridge so could go to solarpark however I'm not sure I want to pay
their prices.
Are there any other reclamation yards nearby? Or does anyone have any going
spare?

Check the floorboard size - 100 yr old houses tend to have wider and
thicker boards than newer ones.

--
"now, the thing you type on and the window you stare out of are the same thing"
DavidD

"Meldrew of Meldreth" wrote in message
.uk...
In article , DavidD
writes
I'm looking for some reclaimed floorboards (the room is about 10ft sq) I'm
near cambridge so could go to solarpark however I'm not sure I want to pay
their prices.
Are there any other reclamation yards nearby? Or does anyone have any
going
spare?

Check the floorboard size - 100 yr old houses tend to have wider and
thicker boards than newer ones.

Ah yes, this is a new room so I need a roomful which I will try to get from
the same place.
The house is 400 years old so the boards are 'interesting' in the other
rooms

Thanks

ex WGS Hamm

"DavidD" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

If you are willing to trave, try Patrick's of Murrow, near Wisbech.
Tel:01945 700493 I think. That number is listed in the local thmson
directory as one of the numbers belonging to them.They will certainly have
what you are looking for.

The house is 400 years old so the boards are 'interesting' in the
other
rooms

then its gonig to look a lot better if you get the same type of wood
and size.

NT