Dave

Default Berry Magicoal Berryblaze gas fire

Berry Magicoal Berryblaze gas fire, does anyone have a copy of an
installation and servicing manual for this older gas fire, or even a
user guide would help, any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave,

Berry are now under Glen Dimplex Heating Ltd. as far as I can find
out. These are the only details I can find.

Berry
Glen Dimplex Heating Ltd.
Manor House Ave.
Millbrook
Southampton
SO15 0AW Tel:0870 077 7117
Fax:0870 727 0109 UK Manufacture of Electric Stoves and Inset fires
incorporating the "Magilog" and "Magicoal" effects. Electric

You may have to ask a question on what you want to find out about the
fire, for anyone to help.

Thanks for the info....it's an old gas fire I've to service and it may
well be spilling (could be the flue) so it would be nice to know a bit
about the fire first
BigWallop

"Dave" wrote in message
2.9...
[...]

Fore warned is fore armed so to speak. It isn't by any chance fitted to an
old chimney ? If it is, then is the chimney lined with cope ? Or does the
flue just need swept ?

Lots and lots of questions and no answers yet till you get there. Still, it
can't be that bad. :-))

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Dave

Fore warned is fore armed so to speak. It isn't by any chance fitted
to an old chimney ? If it is, then is the chimney lined with cope ?
Or does the flue just need swept ?

Lots and lots of questions and no answers yet till you get there.
Still, it can't be that bad. :-))

They seem to think the chimney was swept last year "well the one in the
other room was anyway".............it's been fitted for 17 years.
BigWallop

"Dave" wrote in message
.106...
Fore warned is fore armed so to speak. It isn't by any chance fitted
to an old chimney ? If it is, then is the chimney lined with cope ?
Or does the flue just need swept ?

Lots and lots of questions and no answers yet till you get there.
Still, it can't be that bad. :-))

They seem to think the chimney was swept last year "well the one in the
other room was anyway".............it's been fitted for 17 years.

If its only started to show signs now Dave, after 17 years, then it sounds
like a good system. That's if it is spillage (?)

I once saw a tangled mess of spider webs and muck that had fallen into a
lump inside a horizontal section of duct, the flue hadn't been used for
quite a few months during the summer. Well this lump of muck would have
choked a horse, and when the system was fired back up in the winter time, it
nearly killed everyone in the place with the amount gases it was pumping
back in to the rooms.

When the maintenance guy was asked if he'd checked it out as he should
before he had restarted the system, he said he'd looked along the flue pipe
and thought the lump was some kind of baffle that had been installed to stop
draughts blowing back in. He's learned his lesson now though. :-))

Good luck with it.

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Dave

Good luck with it.

it's not till the end of the month and I'm off on holiday today, so thanks
and bye for now

Dave