Junior Member

Default HRM Boiler

Has anyone any experience with the HRM 20/24 oil-fired boiler?I am not convinced mine is working efficiently as it seems unable to reach the supposed CH system design temp.It is heating a four bedroomed house with 11 radiators of varying size.The plumber who fitted it also, as I found out later,reversed the original water flow through the rads.as the pump was replaced and re-sited.Is this detrimental and have any adverse effect on the system as a whole?
andrewpreece

"bodger" wrote in message

Has anyone any experience with the HRM 20/24 oil-fired boiler?I am not
convinced mine is working efficiently as it seems unable to reach the
supposed CH system design temp.It is heating a four bedroomed house
with 11 radiators of varying size.The plumber who fitted it also, as I
found out later,reversed the original water flow through the rads.as
the pump was replaced and re-sited.Is this detrimental and have any
adverse effect on the system as a whole?

I can't say I'm too knowledgeable about this, but I thought that radiator
lockvalves and TRV's had arrows on them to indicate the direction of flow???
From that point of view I would suspect it does matter: does anyone out
there know if I'm right, and if so why?

Andy.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
andrewpreece wrote:
I can't say I'm too knowledgeable about this, but I thought that
radiator lockvalves and TRV's had arrows on them to indicate the
direction of flow??? From that point of view I would suspect it does
matter: does anyone out there know if I'm right, and if so why?

Some TRVs do, and some don't. If you fit one which is flow sensitive the
wrong way round it may still work ok but be noisy.

Lockshield valves don't usually have a flow direction marked on them.

--
*When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Noisy banging boiler what is the cause? Tim UK diy 8 November 3rd 04 09:36 PM
Boiler TP valve problems? Linc Vannah Home Repair 9 May 8th 04 02:20 AM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM
Boiler kettling? David Hearn UK diy 5 January 1st 04 07:47 PM
Replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 38 November 12th 03 11:10 PM