Capitol

Default Tool Cabinet

This cabinet appears to have no handles to enable you to lift the top
section. IME these steel units suffer from weight and corrosion
problems( unless covered in oil). They are OK in a dry environment where
they can live undisturbed. The drawers can malfunction if you get a
cranked ring spanner at the wrong angle and are tricky to disassemble.
My personal preference is for LIDL wooden sets of drawers on casters,
these can be diyed to give a variety of drawer depths and are tough
enough for a few years use. About £13 ea IIRC. The only problem is
getting to the store early enough to be at the front of the queue so
that you have a chance of getting a couple of units before the widowed
OAPs trample you into the ground.

Regards
Capitol

Mark

Anyone experience of the
Ferm 6 Drawer Tool Cabinet / Chest or anything similar as at

(I saw the dogs bits of such a thing at Costco - stainless steel 400
quid !!!)

Any suggestions/recommendations?

I bought my tool chest from Machine Mart, it's served me well and
lasted much better than I thought it would.

Badger

Peter Ramm wrote:

Anyone experience of the
Ferm 6 Drawer Tool Cabinet / Chest or anything similar as at

Unless its insured in a secure workplace (with workplace supplied tools)
I'd avoid them, easiest way to loose all your tools in one go, 2 blokes
and an estate car and they're gone :-(