mich

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...

Card Protection is really only a single point of contact for all your
card issuers. Looks in wallet at a good dozen or so bits of plastic,
it would be a right PITA having to find the numbers for and call each
issuer if my wallet went AWOL. One call to the card protection Co and
everything is stopped and new cards ordered.

Yes, we've used it for years.

Dont rely on your card protection! I have card protection and I have also

had it for years and its still happening.
I reported all the cards stolen before then shops opened and I am still
paying. I also doubly reported all the cards individually to the card
companies and the bank separately ( belt and braces approach - again all
before any were used!)

I am not sure anymore what I have been paying insurance for!

Having said that, they only stroppy Buggers are the Royal bank of Scotland
( switch, cheque book credit card). My other credit/ bank facility ( Co
operative Bank) have been brilliant!

mich

wrote in message
oups.com...

on the guarantee side however one would imagine the situation is
different, but even though the Banking Code states that the cheque
books and cards should be kept apart,

Thanks for the information.
They were kept apart . In two different purses in two places! But when you
get done over they tend to take everything!

Mary Fisher

"mich" wrote in message

Card Protection is really only a single point of contact for all your
card issuers. Looks in wallet at a good dozen or so bits of plastic,
it would be a right PITA having to find the numbers for and call each
issuer if my wallet went AWOL. One call to the card protection Co and
everything is stopped and new cards ordered.

Yes, we've used it for years.

Dont rely on your card protection!

I do, and I shall continue doing so. We haven't needed their services often
but when we have done they've been brilliant.

It's not just cards they protect, I once lost my bunch of keys at Hever
Castle and didn't notice until we got home a few days later. There was a
telephone message asking us to contact them, the keys were returned the next
day - /i didn't even report them missing.

A similar thing happened with Spouse's keys.

I have card protection and I have also
had it for years and its still happening.

So why do you continue?

I reported all the cards stolen before then shops opened and I am still
paying. I also doubly reported all the cards individually to the card
companies and the bank separately ( belt and braces approach - again all
before any were used!)

I am not sure anymore what I have been paying insurance for!

I suggest you stop. We've stopped paying house insurance. There's no point
in paying for a service which you don't use or which isn't working. CPP
works for us so we use it.

Mary

Bob Mannix

"mich" wrote in message

Card Protection is really only a single point of contact for all your
card issuers. Looks in wallet at a good dozen or so bits of plastic,
it would be a right PITA having to find the numbers for and call each
issuer if my wallet went AWOL. One call to the card protection Co and
everything is stopped and new cards ordered.

Yes, we've used it for years.

Dont rely on your card protection!

I do, and I shall continue doing so. We haven't needed their services

often
but when we have done they've been brilliant.

It's not just cards they protect, I once lost my bunch of keys at Hever
Castle and didn't notice until we got home a few days later. There was a
telephone message asking us to contact them, the keys were returned the

next
day - /i didn't even report them missing.

Agreed,

They were also able to give me my passport number when I needed it away from
home (as the passports were listed) which was incredibly useful at the time.

A word of caution though - I lost my wallet recently and two of the (7)
stops didn't get through. I believe this was because the details weren't
exhaustively correct. The John Lewis Partnership card had been entered as
"Partnership Card" for example. It is worth going the extra mile and ringing
the card issuers and asking them the details needed and checking they are on
the list.

They have also been very helpful at all times when rung.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)