Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Default C/H water temperature?

Any advice on boiler temp with regards to central heating?
I have recently found that I need to wind the temp. up to max to keep
the boiler from cycling and pumping round cooler water for longer than
it is pumping hot.

We have the biggest hi-line convector fan 20-14, a smaller 10-6 and 3
small radiators heating our shop.

Is a 75 degree water temp excessive or is it acceptable?
Are boilers happier at hotter temps than cooler?

Cheers
Pete
http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
IMM

"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk" wrote in message
. uk...
Any advice on boiler temp with regards to central heating?
I have recently found that I need to wind the temp. up to max to keep
the boiler from cycling and pumping round cooler water for longer than
it is pumping hot.

We have the biggest hi-line convector fan 20-14, a smaller 10-6 and 3
small radiators heating our shop.

Is a 75 degree water temp excessive or is it acceptable?
Are boilers happier at hotter temps than cooler?

Non-condensing boilers are designed to run at full temperature, 80C.
Condensing boilers can run at lower temps.

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

IMM wrote:

Is a 75 degree water temp excessive or is it acceptable?
Are boilers happier at hotter temps than cooler?

Non-condensing boilers are designed to run at full temperature, 80C.
Condensing boilers can run at lower temps.

It's a Valiant TurboMax so non-condensing I presume.
Cheers
Pete

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
andrewpreece

"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk" wrote in message
. uk...
Any advice on boiler temp with regards to central heating?
I have recently found that I need to wind the temp. up to max to keep
the boiler from cycling and pumping round cooler water for longer than
it is pumping hot.

We have the biggest hi-line convector fan 20-14, a smaller 10-6 and 3
small radiators heating our shop.

Is a 75 degree water temp excessive or is it acceptable?
Are boilers happier at hotter temps than cooler?

The Vaillant Turbomax features a selectable pump over-run time, is that of
any relevance in this context?

Andy.

Roger

The message
from "IMM" contains these words:

Non-condensing boilers are designed to run at full temperature, 80C.

Of course they are but they are also designed to run at lower
temperatures. If they were designed to run only at maximum temperature
they would lack the means to turn them down.

Condensing boilers can run at lower temps.

And indeed should. Little point in having a condensing boiler if you are
intent on running it as hot as possible rather than as cool as possible
but they too have also been designed to run at full temperature should
such a situation occur.

--
Roger

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

andrewpreece wrote:

The Vaillant Turbomax features a selectable pump over-run time, is that of
any relevance in this context?

Yes it may well do Andy.
I might need to extend it now I've cranked up the temp for shop
operation as when it's heating the flat (seperate zone) on an evening a
longer (cooler) flow might be more desireable. ?

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
IMM

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "IMM" contains these words:

Non-condensing boilers are designed to run at full temperature, 80C.

Of course

snip drivelling misinformation

kmillar

Set the boiler temp to max and fit a decent tank thermostat in the
correct place. Current regs state that your tank stat should be set at
65 degrees. (UK).

Ed Sirett

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:21:04 +0000, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk wrote:

Any advice on boiler temp with regards to central heating?
I have recently found that I need to wind the temp. up to max to keep
the boiler from cycling and pumping round cooler water for longer than
it is pumping hot.

We have the biggest hi-line convector fan 20-14, a smaller 10-6 and 3
small radiators heating our shop.

Is a 75 degree water temp excessive or is it acceptable?
Are boilers happier at hotter temps than cooler?

For the coldest weather you may have to increase the boiler temperature.
85 would be excessive 75 is only working hard.

Ed Sirett

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:33:48 +0000, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk wrote:

andrewpreece wrote:

The Vaillant Turbomax features a selectable pump over-run time, is that of
any relevance in this context?

Yes it may well do Andy.
I might need to extend it now I've cranked up the temp for shop
operation as when it's heating the flat (seperate zone) on an evening a
longer (cooler) flow might be more desireable. ?

The pump over run time is the time the system keeps pumping after the
external demand (timer/thermostat) has cut.

There is a also an anti short-cycle and delay imposed the controller, this
however varies and is quite short when the CH temp is cranked up.

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
how often should the hot H2O heater turn on question patliz Home Ownership 5 September 3rd 04 07:15 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM