mark b

Default Paint Probs

Hi all

I have painted two doors with Dulux Exterior Gloss and the finish is
terrible. Loads of little specks of undercoat showing through in a sort of
orange peel effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

mark b

Christian McArdle

I have painted two doors with Dulux Exterior Gloss and the finish is
terrible. Loads of little specks of undercoat showing through in a sort

of
orange peel effect.

Can you post pictures?

Also, it might be an idea to state the exact preparation and sequence you
went through. Was it new wood, old wood, previously coated? Was it sanded or
planed? What types of primers, undercoats and gloss were used? Acrylic or
alkyd/solvent? Was it raining? What was the temperature? What species of
wood? Did you rub down between coats? etc.

Christian.

S Viemeister

Christian McArdle wrote:

I have painted two doors with Dulux Exterior Gloss and the finish is
terrible. Loads of little specks of undercoat showing through in a sort

of
orange peel effect.

Can you post pictures?

You DO mean 'can you put pictures up on a website, and post the URL', don't
you?
This isn't a binary group.

Christian McArdle

You DO mean 'can you put pictures up on a website, and post the URL',
don't
you?
This isn't a binary group.

Indeed. I should have been more explicit, it not having crossed my mind that
anyone would attempt to actually post pictures on Usenet (except on binary
groups that are never propagated anyway, so it isn't worth bothering).

Christian.

Mary Fisher

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
You DO mean 'can you put pictures up on a website, and post the URL',

don't
you?
This isn't a binary group.

Indeed. I should have been more explicit, it not having crossed my mind

that
anyone would attempt to actually post pictures on Usenet (except on binary
groups that are never propagated anyway, so it isn't worth bothering).

I'm glad you precipitated the Viemaster wrath and not me :-)

Mary

Christian.

Paint Probs. mark b UK diy 3 May 17th 04 03:05 PM
Waterseal vs. Masonry paint? Max Christian UK diy 7 November 30th 03 08:57 AM
which paint for going over existing finish on bookcase with kids design JD UK diy 2 October 13th 03 10:12 PM
Gloss Paint Removal on Wooden Door Frame Adam Pj UK diy 1 September 3rd 03 12:41 PM
Paint peeling from filled areas Mark Drayton UK diy 0 August 25th 03 11:58 AM