Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Peter Dron

Default Baxi Solo control problem

I could do with some help re a Baxi Solo 50pf. Some mornings we are
getting up to a cool house The boiler has come on the time clock
an obviously run for a while but then stopped working: The "boiler
on" light is on and the pump running but nothing more. It almost seems
as if it is in "cool down" before going off. Various options to get
it going again: Turn off the power to the boiler and then back on -
reset the overheat and off it goes. Or turn down the room stat till
it clicks off and the change over valve operates sometimes restarts it
as does turning down the boiler stat potentiometer until off; pause;
back on.

Also secondary simptoms: sometimes when cycling correctly, on the
boiler stat, the boiler fires up and immediately shuts off, fires up
again,off, fires up and runs.

From my own electrical/electronic experience over many years I suspect
a pcb problem, a relay or poor contact somewhere but would welcome
others thoughts.

Pete