Arthur

Default B&Q

Does anyone know what range of pvcu double glazed windows are available
at b and q?

Thanks.

Arthur

John Rumm

Arthur wrote:

Does anyone know what range of pvcu double glazed windows are available
at b and q?

I had a look at some in the Chelmsford superstore. They had a (very)
limited range (i.e. maybe 5 different sizes on display) for ordinary
windows (they also do Velux loft windows, they were nothing special -
plain white uPVC - but the prices were very good if they happened to
have a size you wanted. Wickes also often carry uPVC windows - these
actually looksed a little better to me - but I did not study in great
detail. Screwfix have a more extensive (and expensive) range of off the
shelf windows as well).

In the end I found a local (ish) company that were happy to do "supply
only" and could also do the things I wanted like woodgrain effect on the
outside and gold/brass fittings. Total bill came to 570 for three
windows (1.8x1.2m - 3 casement with fanlight, 1.2x1m 1 fixed with
fanlight - obscure glass, 0.55x1m - 1 casement + fanlight)

--
Cheers,

John.

Dave Plowman

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
Screwfix have a more extensive (and expensive) range of off the
shelf windows as well).

I bought their PVC patio doors and one window, and am very pleased with
the quality. Rather better than much of the stuff you see fitted
professionally. Of course the installation was better too...

--
*I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
steve

Wasn't it the Norwich B+Q that they used to sell items at a higher
price for a set time 24hrs? and then ship items round the country

eg sell black and decker drill at £20 at Norwich then ship same drill
to another B+Q store so they could then sell it at £15 and say on
label £5 off previous price When £15 was the rrp.

Or was this just another urban myth?

Steve
Andrew Collins

On Tue, 18 May 2004 21:00:40 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:
If they do do this, then there is supposed to be a notice in other
stores as to where the reference price is in use.

I'm sure it will say all the legally required stuff on the "sale"
sign.

I'am also sure it will be printed in a slightly different shade of jet
black from the background, in 4 point font.
Ian Stirling

wrote:
If they do do this, then there is supposed to be a notice in other
stores as to where the reference price is in use.

I'm sure it will say all the legally required stuff on the "sale"
sign.

I'am also sure it will be printed in a slightly different shade of jet
black from the background, in 4 point font.

"But windings is the font our lawyers recommended".