John Rumm

Default B&Q

Arthur wrote:

Does anyone know what range of pvcu double glazed windows are available
at b and q?

I had a look at some in the Chelmsford superstore. They had a (very)
limited range (i.e. maybe 5 different sizes on display) for ordinary
windows (they also do Velux loft windows, they were nothing special -
plain white uPVC - but the prices were very good if they happened to
have a size you wanted. Wickes also often carry uPVC windows - these
actually looksed a little better to me - but I did not study in great
detail. Screwfix have a more extensive (and expensive) range of off the
shelf windows as well).

In the end I found a local (ish) company that were happy to do "supply
only" and could also do the things I wanted like woodgrain effect on the
outside and gold/brass fittings. Total bill came to 570 for three
windows (1.8x1.2m - 3 casement with fanlight, 1.2x1m 1 fixed with
fanlight - obscure glass, 0.55x1m - 1 casement + fanlight)

--
Cheers,

John.