Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
D.M. Procida

Default voltage of dead/good alkaline batteries

I've got a bunch of alkaline cells here, and I'm wondering which of them
are going to be any good at all. What should I use as a cut-off voltage
when I'm deciding? I have a multimeter, which also has a battery tester
(I guess it just puts a bit of a load on them).

From one set I get around 1.4V with the battery tester, 1.45 with the
voltmeter. But while that sounds pretty good, I know that in practice
they were useless. How much do 'rested' alkaline cells recover after
use?

Thanks,

Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre

low voltage PIR controlled lights for drive - where? keith UK diy 11 December 24th 03 08:49 PM
AAA battery chargers Tim Downie UK diy 8 November 29th 03 01:22 PM
Battery Voltage spec Andrew McKay UK diy 10 August 21st 03 11:42 PM