compo

Default central heating balance

I have a two storey house with 14 radiators. 6 upstairs and 8
downstairs. The pump is a Grundfoss 15-60 and is new. The system is
piped with 10mm microbore, mostly plastic but a couple of radiators have
copper pipe. I have had problems with pipes clogging with black muck
and have just flushed it out after using sludge remover.

My problem is that the upstairs radiators are now working ok, the
hottest closer to the manifold but all reasonably hot, whilst the
downstairs radiators are either cool or cold (mostly the latter).

Before flushing the system most of the downstairs radiators worked ok,
the ones furthest from the manifold being the blocked, cool ones (Cool
radiators have been washed out with a hosepipe).

The water pressure in the return pipes seems greater than the pumped hot
side pipes. I suspect that the system needs balancing but I don't know
how to do it. Can anyone help please?

--
Cheers,

Compo - in cold Northern Scotland.
Tom

snipped
I suspect that the system needs balancing but I don't know
how to do it. Can anyone help please?

I understand that there is a pretty comprehensive guide to radiator
balancing on the
d-i-y FAQ.
Good luck
Tom

Set Square

compo wrote:

[...]

Well you could start by reading the FAQ at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/rad-balance.html
--
Cheers,
Set Square

compo

The message
from "Set Square" contains these words:

Well you could start by reading the FAQ at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/rad-balance.html

Many thanks.

--
Cheers,
Compo
compo

The message
from "Set Square" contains these words:

Well you could start by reading the FAQ at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/rad-balance.html
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Many thanks for the tip, it is a very useful FAQ.

--
Cheers,

Compo.