Hugo Nebula

Default Programmable roomstats

I'm thinking of fitting a programmable roomstat. Does anyone have any
particular recommendations of models or makes?

I'm drawn to a Drayton Digistat 3i with Self-Adaptive Optimum Start
(http://tinyurl.com/5t8e9) in a gimmicky kind of way. Does anyone
have good or bad experiences with this model? Is it a bit of a 'boys
toy', or does it make a difference?
--
Hugo Nebula
'What you have to ask yourself is, "if no-one on the internet wants
Mike Hibbert

Hugo Nebula wrote:
I'm thinking of fitting a programmable roomstat. Does anyone have any
particular recommendations of models or makes?

I'm drawn to a Drayton Digistat 3i with Self-Adaptive Optimum Start
(http://tinyurl.com/5t8e9) in a gimmicky kind of way. Does anyone
have good or bad experiences with this model? Is it a bit of a 'boys
toy', or does it make a difference?

Hi,

I have a honeywell cm-76 RF which is also optimum start. It's fantastic,
a doddle to fit,and the programming of it is simple. It almost always
has the house warm just as we are getting up, it's rare that the boiler
is going by the time im making my first cuppa!

Mike
Christian McArdle

I'm drawn to a Drayton Digistat 3i with Self-Adaptive Optimum Start
(http://tinyurl.com/5t8e9) in a gimmicky kind of way.

It is quite in your face, though. I prefer something as discreet as I can
find, personally.

Christian.

Dave Liquorice

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:15:45 GMT, Mike Hibbert wrote:

I have a honeywell cm-76 RF which is also optimum start. It's
fantastic, a doddle to fit,and the programming of it is simple.

s/cm-76 RF/TP75-RF/

Made by Danfoss, lots more programable stats have come onto the market
since I looked at them. At that time there was very little choice,
almost only the Honeywell and Danfoss models.

Optimum start is really good, this old place cools out quite well
overnight and needs a good 90 mins to get from 15 to 20C. It would be
silly in the warmer months having the heating come on 90 mins before
it was really needed, optimum start takes care of that.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Ed Sirett

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:32:04 +0000, Hugo Nebula wrote:

I'm thinking of fitting a programmable roomstat. Does anyone have any
particular recommendations of models or makes?

I'm drawn to a Drayton Digistat 3i with Self-Adaptive Optimum Start
(http://tinyurl.com/5t8e9) in a gimmicky kind of way. Does anyone
have good or bad experiences with this model? Is it a bit of a 'boys
toy', or does it make a difference?

I'm getting to sound like a broken record - but my favourite is the
Horstmann Centaur Stat 7 (S/fix 12157). This is still somewhat OTT
with 6 temperatures a day and every day different (if you wish).

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk