MikeT

Default Catnic Lintel, is this the right one?

I have a rotten door frame around my Garidoor up and over garage door,
the brick built garage has no lintel above the frame, just a 9" brick
wall 6 courses high resting on the 6"x4" header of the door frame.

I spoke to a builder who was working next door and he offered to fit a
lintel, I didnt like the price much so he offered to sell me a Catnic
lintel trade price so I could do the job.

It turned up yesterday, Its bloody huge and very very heavy!

It has to span a 2270mm entranceway so is 2700mm long and 270mm
wide,galvanised and marked up heavy duty, which it certainly is as its
all my wife and I can do to just lift it. Never mind getting it 10ft in
the air.

He assured me that it was what is required for the job, but I am not
sure.

All that is on the labels is "Substituted for type CG" and "for DTS
only" and the length.

Can anyone tell me from the above info what this lintel is meant for and
what DTS only means please.

Mike.

--
If you want to email me then use this:

MikeT at dsl dot pipex dot com

MikeT

Thanks Ian for the info, I did try catnic's web site and it appeared
down last evening, then today it worked but I couldnt find the exact
lintel I have. Its very overspec'd for the job in hand I thinkS I
found a part number for it CZH50/125 and its marked up Heavy duty. Thats
an understatementG I think you could safely build a couple of stories
over it without risk.

I have been too busy shed building today but will ring Catnic tomorrow
just to find out what DTS means.

Thanks

Mike.

Plastering onto steel Frank Z UK diy 9 July 31st 03 01:18 PM
Door lintel help please Icky UK diy 4 July 20th 03 03:48 PM