Robin Burr

Default Boiler thermostat

Hi. Thanks for the advice.

Is there a manual / guide available as when I know what they look like &
where to find them then replacing will be less of a problem!

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
Robin Burr wrote:

I have a Stelrad Elan 2 wall mounted boiler which causes electrical
interference to any surrounding radio. I've added a suppressor - gained
kudos from SWMBO - but still not solved the problem. I'm guessing that

the
thermostat must thus be in need of replacement.

Anyone able to advise me on how to approach this next job?

What about replacing the thermostat units. These are fixed temperature
devices and may nolonger be giving a sharp on or off clicks hence the
interference.

There are two of them and then a third one which is in series with the
gas valve thermocouple to give overheat protection.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Poxy Potterton boiler again... Colin Swan UK diy 8 July 8th 03 10:44 PM
New boiler IMM UK diy 25 July 6th 03 09:50 PM
Baxi back boiler power settings Owain UK diy 3 July 4th 03 07:51 PM
Glow-worm programmer and boiler change Muddy Paws UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 02:55 PM
Advice on Which boiler to install? Dave Plowman UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:33 PM