EricP

Default Pedastal Washbasin fixing to wall.

Just unpacked a new pedastal basin and nothing to fix it to the wall?

There are no screw holes on the back, but it has two cutouts of about
3x2cms which are obviously intended for this purpose.

I have been around two sheds and looked and asked, but got the usual
"Nutter", loose reaction.

Some sort of patch to be screwed to the wall on each side?

Any help appreciated.

John

"EricP" wrote in message
Just unpacked a new pedastal basin and nothing to fix it to the wall?

There are no screw holes on the back, but it has two cutouts of about
3x2cms which are obviously intended for this purpose.

I have been around two sheds and looked and asked, but got the usual
"Nutter", loose reaction.

Some sort of patch to be screwed to the wall on each side?

Any help appreciated.

These slots are the fixing points. Usually the fixings come with the sinks.
The normal fixing kit comprises of 2 large 'rawlplugs' (12 or 14mm
diameter), 2 double ended bolts, one end like a normal (but bigger) screw
and the other a standard bolt thread (10mm ish) with a spannering point in
the middle, 2 rubber washers, 2 steel washers and 2 nuts. Hope that makes
sense, I have looked around a couple of places on the web but cannot find a
picture for you. Although I am suprised these aren't in with the sink, as I
have never had one without.

HTH

John

Dave Jones

"EricP" wrote in message
Just unpacked a new pedastal basin and nothing to fix it to the wall?

There are no screw holes on the back, but it has two cutouts of about
3x2cms which are obviously intended for this purpose.

I have been around two sheds and looked and asked, but got the usual
"Nutter", loose reaction.

Some sort of patch to be screwed to the wall on each side?

Any help appreciated.

Wickes do them, looks like plastic mushroom with a hole in the centre!

Basin fixing kit, I think there called!

Also screwfix also do them

EricP

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:13:06 -0000, "Dave Jones"
wrote:

"EricP" wrote in message
.. .
Just unpacked a new pedastal basin and nothing to fix it to the wall?

There are no screw holes on the back, but it has two cutouts of about
3x2cms which are obviously intended for this purpose.

I have been around two sheds and looked and asked, but got the usual
"Nutter", loose reaction.

Some sort of patch to be screwed to the wall on each side?

Any help appreciated.

Wickes do them, looks like plastic mushroom with a hole in the centre!

Basin fixing kit, I think there called!

Also screwfix also do them

Thank you sir, I will fight my way to Wickes in the morning.. ))

Cheers

EricP

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 19:09:29 +0000 (UTC), "John"
wrote:

"EricP" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Many thanks for the info, and help. )

John

"Dave Jones" wrote in message

"EricP" wrote in message
Just unpacked a new pedastal basin and nothing to fix it to the wall?

There are no screw holes on the back, but it has two cutouts of about
3x2cms which are obviously intended for this purpose.

I have been around two sheds and looked and asked, but got the usual
"Nutter", loose reaction.

Some sort of patch to be screwed to the wall on each side?

Any help appreciated.

Wickes do them, looks like plastic mushroom with a hole in the centre!

Basin fixing kit, I think there called!

Also screwfix also do them

That's EXACTLY the thing I was trying to describe. I use Screwfix on a
regular basis but NEVER thought to look in the *toilet* fittings section!!!

John