Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
T i m

Default Anyone into rubber?

Hi all,

My daughter and I made some basic 'Pan Pipes' tonight from various
lengths of white PVC 15mm water pipe.

To tune each pipe as we made it we wraped some masking tape round a
jointing dowell till it was an interference fit inside the end of the
pipe then tuned the note to her tennor recorder.

So far we have 7 'pipes' ;-)

For a better adjustable 'bung' I thought a short length of rubber
'bar' would be good. It could be lubricated for tuneing then trimmed
flush with the end and finally locked in with some superglue etc.

I tried a local Car Spares place thinking I might find a very thick
'O' ring or similar that I could cut up into 1" lengths but no luck? A
Hoover 'upright' drive belt might also do the trick but I think it's a
bit too small in section?

So, anyone know an 'everyday' supplier of a rubber 'bar' that would
fit snugly inside some 15mm Speedfit (is it) type PVC pipe (so 11-12mm
OD rubber might do it?).

All the best ..

T i m

Rubber strip for front edge of bath David W.E. Roberts UK diy 9 October 14th 03 11:50 AM
Silicon rubber tubing Grunff UK diy 17 July 17th 03 02:39 AM
rubber protectors brixton mcfarlane UK diy 5 July 15th 03 07:55 PM