Chris O

Default Coach Bolt Type Fixing

I am looking for something like a coach bolt fixing but instead of the usual
square or hexagonal nut I want a threaded sleeve with a dome headed end like
the coach bolt itself.. Do such things exist ? - if so what are they called
and where can I get them ??

Thanks

Chris O

Adrian Berry

"Chris O" wrote in message
I am looking for something like a coach bolt fixing but instead of the
usual
square or hexagonal nut I want a threaded sleeve with a dome headed end
like
the coach bolt itself.. Do such things exist ? - if so what are they
called
and where can I get them ??

Thanks

Chris O

How big?

Kitchen cabinet connectors might work for small applications (metal, 5mm
diameter 30-40mm long; various coloured plastic ~8mm diameter maybe a bit
longer than the metal ones)

Or you could use ordinary coach bolts with dome nuts (like standard nuts but
the end is closed with.... a dome!)

Screw fix sell both sorts if you want to look at a picture. (they call the
cabinet connectors "Inter Screws")

HTH Adrian

Chris O

"Adrian Berry" wrote in message

"Chris O" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Adrian - the metal version is the sort of thing I'm looking for but
I need something around 50-60mm + it has to be quite heavy duty and I need
something that doesn't protrude as far as the dome nut.

Chris O

mrcheerful

"Chris O" wrote in message
I am looking for something like a coach bolt fixing but instead of the
usual
square or hexagonal nut I want a threaded sleeve with a dome headed end
like
the coach bolt itself.. Do such things exist ? - if so what are they
called
and where can I get them ??

Thanks

Chris O

Off the top of my head you need a tubular nut. Suzuki gt250 motorcycles of
1975 ish vintage used a long tubular 8 mm thread cylinder head nut, the head
size was 14 mm with a flange washer built in, you could reduce the height of
the nut head as much as you need, the tubular part was about 60mm long, od
about 12mm. My shop used to sell them, but it has closed long ago, but any
suzuki dealer would be able to get them. How many do you need, I may have a
small number lurking somewhere.

mrcheerful

Tony Williams

In article ,
Chris O wrote:

When I said coach bolt I was really referring to a flattish
dome-headed type bolt (which could be slotted) so I guess it is
more like a roofing bolt. Where can tubular nuts be found ??-
Google doesn't find much on this.

http://rswww.com "Hexagon Connecting Nuts".

The range starts at 276-522 (M6x18mm) and goes up to
276-572 (M20x60mm).

A range of M6 and M8 roofing bolts (12mm to 80mm long)
starts at RS part number 277-604.

--
Tony Williams.