Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
webster72n

Default Infrequent, delayed ignition

With my conventional, american standard oil burner for a hot water
furnace I am experiencing infrequent, delayed ignition.
At times it ignites properly and most of the time the ignition is more
or less delayed by 3 - 5 or even more seconds, resulting in fueloil
fumes residue.
All settings for the electrode are proper.
The nozzle is new and was installed without bare-hand touching.
Could the deminished quality of the oil have anything to do with it, or
is the cause to be found somewhere else?
A positive answer will be very much appreciated.
Thank you.