Derek Doormer

Default Screwfix seemed to have sorted out their problems.....

Well after finally receiving the last order after over a week, the MD of
screwfix finally wrote a letter enclosed with a £50 voucher. Ok I'm easily
bought but he did mention that the worst of the problems was now over and
orders should be pretty much back to normal. Lets see if today's order turns
up tomorrow!!
DD

:::Jerry::::

"Derek Doormer" wrote in message
Well after finally receiving the last order after over a week, the MD of
screwfix finally wrote a letter enclosed with a £50 voucher. Ok I'm easily
bought but he did mention that the worst of the problems was now over and
orders should be pretty much back to normal. Lets see if today's order

turns
up tomorrow!!

Carry on ordering, you might end up owning the company if they haven't and
keep sending you 50 quid vouchers !.. :~)

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Derek Doormer" writes:
Well after finally receiving the last order after over a week, the MD of
screwfix finally wrote a letter enclosed with a £50 voucher. Ok I'm easily
bought but he did mention that the worst of the problems was now over and
orders should be pretty much back to normal. Lets see if today's order turns
up tomorrow!!

I notice their email offers have started coming again too.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Set Square

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
"Derek Doormer" writes:
Well after finally receiving the last order after over a week, the
MD of screwfix finally wrote a letter enclosed with a £50 voucher.
Ok I'm easily bought but he did mention that the worst of the
problems was now over and orders should be pretty much back to
normal. Lets see if today's order turns up tomorrow!!

I notice their email offers have started coming again too.

I don't seem to have received a catalogue for a while - my latest one being
Vol 76

Do you reckon that they've dropped me from their mailing list? [I only buy
from them occasionally]
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Alex \(YMG\)

"Set Square" wrote in message

I don't seem to have received a catalogue for a while - my latest one
being
Vol 76

Do you reckon that they've dropped me from their mailing list? [I only buy
from them occasionally]
--
Cheers,
Set Square

I think that's my latest one too - Issue 76, Autumn 2004. .

Alex

Lurch

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:05:05 -0000, "Derek Doormer"
strung together this:

I pushed the girl at screwfix for the truth then she said well
they may not have got it in time for a next day delivery. Shame she couldn't
tell me that this morning when I phoned, save me staying in!

I hate companies doing that, if it's going to be a day late then it's
bearable, but to make me wait in for an extra day and lie about it
really winds me up.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Lurch wrote:
I pushed the girl at screwfix for the truth then she said well
they may not have got it in time for a next day delivery. Shame she couldn't
tell me that this morning when I phoned, save me staying in!

I hate companies doing that, if it's going to be a day late then it's
bearable, but to make me wait in for an extra day and lie about it
really winds me up.

Every company policy never to tell the truth. Flannel, and flannel some
more. Admit it's 'your' fault and you get sacked.

--
*Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Liquorice

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 17:54:51 -0000, Derek Doormer wrote:

he did mention that the worst of the problems was now over and
orders should be pretty much back to normal. Lets see if today's
order turns up tomorrow!!

Well if last night/todays performance is anything to go by then they
are more than back to normal. Ordered over the web last night,
confirmation email timed 21:39. Another email (Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:00)
told me that my order "was quality checked and packed at 10:12pm on 13
December 2004 and is now on its way to you." If I'd been in at 1330
today I'd have received it then, just 16hrs after placing the order.

ANC were the couriers BTW, who have an "arrangement" with the local
garage. I suspect that as we are 20+miles from anywhere that garage
actually collects from the ANC depot in the morning to make use of the
return school run and deliver during the day. This saves ANC having a
van tied up spending and hour coming in and an hour going out. The
garage was not polite about the other courier Screwfix use, no names
where mentioned...

Pity the "quality check" didn't pick up the dinge on the edge of the
30mm SDS chisel. Doesn't say a lot for the hardness of the edge if
bends quite so easily. B-(

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Screwfix Erbauer Twin Pack - A DIY review Ruski UK diy 3 July 29th 04 02:37 PM
Screwfix Rainwater Diverter - it's 20mm diameter outlets Mungo Henning UK diy 0 July 1st 04 04:42 PM
Screwfix deliveries (not again!) David W.E. Roberts UK diy 2 May 10th 04 10:40 PM
Screwfix PoP UK diy 28 March 12th 04 09:19 PM
Have I upset Screwfix? PoP UK diy 38 February 22nd 04 11:03 AM