Junior Member

Default Cutting hole in a slab tile ?

I am trying to replace my shower with the one in this link...
http://www.faucetdirect.com/deltasto...ct urer=Delta

It requires to cut another ablong hole in my slab of marble/tile (I dont know what it is ?? ) for the water jets.
How can I do it without breaking the whole slab ? Any help would be appreciated ?
Michael Mcneil

"Mohitlall" wrote in message

I am trying to replace my shower with the one in this link...
http://tinyurl.com/4s545

http://images.google.com/images?q=TC...dow=1&safe=off

Hire them if the price is too high locally. If you know someone, you
might get a neighbour that has something similar to drill them for the
same price.

The alternative is to drill a lot of smaller holes around a penned in
disk, tap it with a drift or join the dots with a file or something.

Andy Sithers

"Mohitlall" wrote in message

I am trying to replace my shower with the one in this link...
http://tinyurl.com/4s545

It requires to cut another ablong hole in my slab of marble/tile (I
dont know what it is ?? ) for the water jets.
How can I do it without breaking the whole slab ? Any help would
be appreciated ?

If it's just the shower head, then this can be done with a normal drill bit
( 15 mm), if you're careful.

The taps / thermostat will need to be mounted behind the tiles, and I'll bet
that you'll end up having an edge that needs removed, so this can be done
with a tile saw or grinder. If the taps aren't near a tile edge, then drill
a hole and thread a tile saw through.

Have fun

Andy

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sithers
"Mohitlall" wrote in message

I am trying to replace my shower with the one in this link...
http://tinyurl.com/4s545

It requires to cut another ablong hole in my slab of marble/tile (I
dont know what it is ?? ) for the water jets.
How can I do it without breaking the whole slab ? Any help would
be appreciated ?

If it's just the shower head, then this can be done with a normal drill bit
( 15 mm), if you're careful.

The taps / thermostat will need to be mounted behind the tiles, and I'll bet
that you'll end up having an edge that needs removed, so this can be done
with a tile saw or grinder. If the taps aren't near a tile edge, then drill
a hole and thread a tile saw through.

Have fun

Andy

Thanks guys. Just found out from my neighbour that the material is a melamine. How does that cut ? Easy or is it too brittle to try cutting ?