Christian McArdle

Default B&Q Kitchens

So how do you stop it?

You have a programme select button and a power switch.

To turn on, you ensure the power is on, then select the programme and close
the door. You select the programme by pressing the select button 'x' number
of times. The standard programme requires 2 presses. A heavy soil programme
is one press.

To cancel a programme midway, you would turn simply it off with the power
switch. When turned back on it will forget that it was midway and be ready
to have a new selection.

To resume a programme after an interruption, you simply close the door

After the programme has finished, the selected programme indicator flashes.
Closing the door in this state will not start a new programme; you must
select a new programme before it will start.

Christian.

Christian McArdle wrote:
So how do you stop it?

You have a programme select button and a power switch.

To turn on, you ensure the power is on, then select the programme and close
the door. You select the programme by pressing the select button 'x' number
of times. The standard programme requires 2 presses. A heavy soil programme
is one press.

Ah, different from ours. When you turn ours on it gives you the last
program selected, the default (I presume) is to leave it turned on.

Thus to start ours washing you simply hit the "start when I close the
door" button and close the door. If you leave the same program
selected that's *all* you have to do.

To cancel a programme midway, you would turn simply it off with the power
switch. When turned back on it will forget that it was midway and be ready
to have a new selection.

Ours won't (I don't think), turning off the power doesn't make the
machine lose its memory. In fact it can continue after a power cut
without problems.

--
Chris Green
Toby

Christian McArdle wrote:
So how do you stop it?

You have a programme select button and a power switch.

snip identical detail

Same with a Smeg d/w, and no problem to open the door to add a rogue coffee
cup.

And I'd second the suggestion to get the door buffers from B&Q. £5 for 5
I'd only get the premium drawers where they will be in everyday use,
additional shelf supports from Screwfix, and brushed steel legs from Ikea.
Wasn't overly impressed with the adjustable cupboard hangers, and would add
glue to the dowel joints.

--
Toby.

Owain

"Neil Jones" wrote
| If you really *need* to know what stage it has got to you might
| need to hack into the circuitry to power a couple of neons for
| an outboard display, or maybe you could add a simple 'meter'
| to the dishwasher's supply to indicate when the machine is
| drawing power.

An embedded HTTP server would be the elegant solution.

Owain