PhilÅ

Default Shower room fan!!!

I think my new room needs a fan, I have got one, but don't know where to
vent to.

I can't vent to the outside, don't want to vent into the roof space like it
was due to damp and rotting???

Am I right to think this??

I do have a unused plastic water tank in the roof space, can I vent into
this and assume any moisture will just evaporate??

Any ideas chaps, I can't know through to the outside at all.

Ian Stirling

Phil? wrote:
I think my new room needs a fan, I have got one, but don't know where to
vent to.

I can't vent to the outside, don't want to vent into the roof space like it
was due to damp and rotting???

Am I right to think this??

I do have a unused plastic water tank in the roof space, can I vent into
this and assume any moisture will just evaporate??

No.
Probably the only 'right' solution to this is to buy a dehumidifier,
say 60-90 quid in focus.
Now, arrange ducting so that this sucks the air through from where the
fan is.

Or window-vent?
Grunff

PhilÅ wrote:
I think my new room needs a fan, I have got one, but don't know where to
vent to.

I can't vent to the outside, don't want to vent into the roof space like it
was due to damp and rotting???

Am I right to think this??

I do have a unused plastic water tank in the roof space, can I vent into
this and assume any moisture will just evaporate??

Heh...now that sounds like a troll...

Any ideas chaps, I can't know through to the outside at all.

Why not? Can you describe the situation? If you can get into the roof
space, why can't you fit a soffit vent?

--
Grunff
Owain

"PhilÅ" wrote
| I think my new room needs a fan, I have got one, but don't know
| where to vent to.
| I can't vent to the outside, don't want to vent into the roof
| space like it was due to damp and rotting???
| Am I right to think this??

Correct

| I do have a unused plastic water tank in the roof space, can I
| vent into this and assume any moisture will just evaporate??

And where will that moisture evaporate to? The roof space ....

| Any ideas chaps, I can't know through to the outside at all.

If you can get into the roof space then you carry on and take the ducting
out through the tiled roof; you can get special roof terminals for extractor
fan ducts. Ditto for flat (felted) roofs, or you may have a gable end wall
you can use.

Using Internet Explorer (probably) visit www.ubbink.co.uk and let your mouse
hover over Domestic Fans & Ducting - Accessories - Roof Terminals

Owain

The Question Asker

If you live in a terraced house just duct it though the next persons wall
into their loft space ;o)
"Owain" wrote in message
"PhilÅ" wrote
| I think my new room needs a fan, I have got one, but don't know
| where to vent to.
| I can't vent to the outside, don't want to vent into the roof
| space like it was due to damp and rotting???
| Am I right to think this??

Correct

| I do have a unused plastic water tank in the roof space, can I
| vent into this and assume any moisture will just evaporate??

And where will that moisture evaporate to? The roof space ....

| Any ideas chaps, I can't know through to the outside at all.

If you can get into the roof space then you carry on and take the ducting
out through the tiled roof; you can get special roof terminals for
extractor
fan ducts. Ditto for flat (felted) roofs, or you may have a gable end wall
you can use.

Using Internet Explorer (probably) visit www.ubbink.co.uk and let your
mouse
hover over Domestic Fans & Ducting - Accessories - Roof Terminals

Owain

Shower pressure slowly reducing ajg_xch UK diy 6 June 8th 04 08:49 PM
Shower leak Dan Harms Home Repair 8 October 21st 03 01:03 AM
shower drain for tiled shower floor g UK diy 3 September 2nd 03 01:55 AM
New Condensing Boiler and Shower Bjorn UK diy 19 August 13th 03 03:54 PM