Dan

Default Synchron motor?

Are they all the same? I need a new one for my Danfoss unit, but all the
replacements I've found don't mention Danfoss, but they mention Honeywell
etc etc.

raden

In message , Dan
writes
Are they all the same?

No

hth

I need a new one for my Danfoss unit, but all the
replacements I've found don't mention Danfoss, but they mention Honeywell
etc etc.

IIRC, Danfoss ones are larger than the Honeywell ones, but whether you
can get the motors anymore, I don't know

--
geoff
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
raden wrote:
IIRC, Danfoss ones are larger than the Honeywell ones, but whether you
can get the motors anymore, I don't know

Worth a browse through RS components site. I found a replacement motor for
a Hotpoint washing machine programmer there years ago - Hotpoint would
only supply the complete thing at well over 100 quid, but I got the coil
only for about 10.

--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
BigWallop

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
raden wrote:
IIRC, Danfoss ones are larger than the Honeywell ones, but whether you
can get the motors anymore, I don't know

I also know that policemans balls are bigger than fiemans balls. Mainly
because they sell more tickets to the policemans balls. :-)

Worth a browse through RS components site. I found a replacement motor for
a Hotpoint washing machine programmer there years ago - Hotpoint would
only supply the complete thing at well over 100 quid, but I got the coil
only for about 10.

If you have local appliance repair shop near you, then ask them if they have
one. Even a second hand one should keep you going for a while.

---

Dan

Hi all, thanks for the notes. I can't find a Synchron for a Danfoss (Even
on the RS site) So I'll probably end up buying an actuator for around £40.00
Not that bad as I hate to think what a plumber would have come out and
charged me. I hope this fixes the problem.

Next on my list is the leaky pipe behind my boiler that I noticed today.

DIY Baptism of fire!

.uk...

raden wrote:
IIRC, Danfoss ones are larger than the Honeywell ones, but whether you
can get the motors anymore, I don't know

I also know that policemans balls are bigger than fiemans balls. Mainly
because they sell more tickets to the policemans balls. :-)

Worth a browse through RS components site. I found a replacement motor
for
a Hotpoint washing machine programmer there years ago - Hotpoint would
only supply the complete thing at well over 100 quid, but I got the coil
only for about 10.

If you have local appliance repair shop near you, then ask them if they
have
one. Even a second hand one should keep you going for a while.

---

dogs best friend

"Dan" wrote in message
Are they all the same? I need a new one for my Danfoss unit, but all the
replacements I've found don't mention Danfoss, but they mention Honeywell
etc etc.

With all deference to Raden and other respondees.

I am fairly sure you will find synchron motors the same for most common
motorised valves.
I had exactly this problem during the evening of 20th November. No CH due
to a failed 22mm 2 port motorised valve. Eventually tracked the valve down
and found the motor inoperative. This was a Landis & Gyr valve & actuator.
Installed October 1984 so it has done fairly well. The actuator is
identical to the Grunfoss.
I remembered having a spare 28mm Honeywell 3 port valve in the workshop and
compared the synchron motors.
Result: Identical
Swapped motors - CH up & running again!
Monday went to local heating suppliers for some odds & sods inc.
replacement motor for now motorless Honeywell valve. After a chat with the
chap at the counter he did a bit of cross-referencing for me.
In short, Grunfoss, Honeywell & Landis/Gyr synchron motors are the same.
Landis & Gyr actuators are no longer available but the Grunfoss is a direct
replacement.
Can dig out valve details if you wish.

HTH

DBF

raden

In message , dogs best friend
writes

"Dan" wrote in message
Are they all the same? I need a new one for my Danfoss unit, but all the
replacements I've found don't mention Danfoss, but they mention Honeywell
etc etc.

With all deference to Raden and other respondees.

I am fairly sure you will find synchron motors the same for most common
motorised valves.

No, they're not - which is why I said it.

I used to repair actuator heads, I do know what I'm on about

--
geoff
Dan

I noticed my Synchron motor has a "4" stamped on the top, and all the others
have a "5" I think. Something to do with the RPM or Wattage? Anyhow,
doesn't matter as I am going to buy a new actuator as I think I may have
knackered that "D" sectopn on it by trying to turn it to see if it would
turn back, which it does, but then doesn't ever turn again.

Just outta curiosity (cos I'm dumb) - On my 3 port valve what way does the D
(The turney bit) have to be to let both HW and CH through? I can't find any
decent pics anywhere.

"raden" wrote in message
In message , dogs best friend
writes

"Dan" wrote in message
Are they all the same? I need a new one for my Danfoss unit, but all
the
replacements I've found don't mention Danfoss, but they mention
Honeywell
etc etc.

With all deference to Raden and other respondees.

I am fairly sure you will find synchron motors the same for most common
motorised valves.

No, they're not - which is why I said it.

I used to repair actuator heads, I do know what I'm on about

--
geoff

Bob Mannix

"dogs best friend" wrote in message

"Dan" wrote in message
Are they all the same? I need a new one for my Danfoss unit, but all

the
replacements I've found don't mention Danfoss, but they mention

Honeywell
etc etc.

With all deference to Raden and other respondees.

I am fairly sure you will find synchron motors the same for most common
motorised valves.
I had exactly this problem during the evening of 20th November. No CH due
to a failed 22mm 2 port motorised valve.

They always seem to go in cold weather during the approach to Christmas.
This happened twice to me (over the last few years). "I know", I thought,
"I'll buy two motors, then I'll have a spare ready for the next time".
Naturally it knew I had a spare and has refused to fail since. So buy an
extra spare and it won't go wrong again.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

BigWallop

"Dan" wrote in message
Are they all the same? I need a new one for my Danfoss unit, but all the
replacements I've found don't mention Danfoss, but they mention Honeywell
etc etc.

Try he
http://www.diynot.com/shop/SYNCHRON_MOTOR/6208

---