Mary Fisher

Default "Sold" boards should only be allowed after exhange of contract

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message

As a child I took an instant dislike to what I named "plastic ham"

I was once given some in a restaurant which offered 'home cooked ham' and
when I complained said that it WAS home cooked.

Quite apart from the look, smell and flavour, it came in oblong slices

with
nicely rounded corners. Why do they think they can fool you?

They told me it was from well-rounded pigs. I thought they'd been
looked after nicely. Like battery hens. I thought they were made in
Taiwan, and really humane. That's when I still thought it was in
Thailand. Well, you would, wouldn't you. It was ages before I realised
that Santa was actually the milkman!

I hope you've learned better on all counts!

Mary

MM

Owain

"Mike Mitchell" wrote
| I thought they were made in Taiwan, and really humane. That's
| when I still thought it was in Thailand. Well, you would,
| wouldn't you.

Yes, I get confused about Thaiwanese restaurants.

| It was ages before I realised that Santa was actually
| the milkman!

Santa's supposed to be your dad! Erm. Oh. Sorry. Would you like the number
of a really good counsellor?

Owain

Mike Mitchell

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:41:50 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .

As a child I took an instant dislike to what I named "plastic ham"

I was once given some in a restaurant which offered 'home cooked ham' and
when I complained said that it WAS home cooked.

Quite apart from the look, smell and flavour, it came in oblong slices

with
nicely rounded corners. Why do they think they can fool you?

They told me it was from well-rounded pigs. I thought they'd been
looked after nicely. Like battery hens. I thought they were made in
Taiwan, and really humane. That's when I still thought it was in
Thailand. Well, you would, wouldn't you. It was ages before I realised
that Santa was actually the milkman!

I hope you've learned better on all counts!

No, I ended up being self-taught. The teacher was crap.

MM