Seri

Default Query: Copper pipe at boiler connection point requirement?

Hello all,
once more I have another relatively trivial question to ask that I've
been unable to find the answer to by googling alone and am calling on the
group for advice.

I've finally ordered my new boiler (Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40HE+) and
I've been reading through the installers manual. In it there's a section
that says "The final 600 mm of the mains cold water connection to the
appliance should be made in copper tube only.", I'm wondering if that can
still be done using 'PushFit Copper Connections' or whether these have to be
soldered joints.

All and any advice is gratefully received.

Thanks

Seri

Seri

Default Query: Copper pipe at boiler connection point requirement? (P.S.)

P.S.
Does anyone know if I need a 'Flue Gas Analyser' to install one of
these?

Thanks again

Seri

"Seri" wrote in message
| Hello all,
| once more I have another relatively trivial question to ask that I've
| been unable to find the answer to by googling alone and am calling on the
| group for advice.
|
| I've finally ordered my new boiler (Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40HE+) and
| I've been reading through the installers manual. In it there's a section
| that says "The final 600 mm of the mains cold water connection to the
| appliance should be made in copper tube only.", I'm wondering if that can
| still be done using 'PushFit Copper Connections' or whether these have to
be
| soldered joints.
|
| All and any advice is gratefully received.
|
| Thanks
|
| Seri

Ian Stirling

Seri wrote:
P.S.
Does anyone know if I need a 'Flue Gas Analyser' to install one of
these?

Does the manual specify one?
Seri

No mention in the manual of one... didn't know if that meant it definately
didn't need one or not...

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
| Seri wrote:
| P.S.
| Does anyone know if I need a 'Flue Gas Analyser' to install one of
| these?
|
| Does the manual specify one?

Andy Hall

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:09:44 GMT, "Seri"
wrote:

No mention in the manual of one... didn't know if that meant it definately
didn't need one or not...

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
.. .
| Seri wrote:
| P.S.
| Does anyone know if I need a 'Flue Gas Analyser' to install one of
| these?
|
| Does the manual specify one?

I can't see the manual for this particular model on the web site, just
the one for the 28 and 35 models.

If you refer to chapters 7 and 8 it does say that a flue gas analyser
is required to set the gas/air ratio and not to do so without one.

However, the manual is unclear about whether that is part of the
commissioning process. It's in a separate section away from the short
section on commissioning earlier in the book.
It is possible that the adjustment is factory set.

However, I personally don't trust factory settings. If I were
having a professional commission this boiler, I would expect all of
the checks including this one to be done. It is partly a safety
check that not too much CO is being produced and also that other
polluting emissions are minimised.

If you aren't *completely* sure about this, it would be far better to
contact a CORGI fitter before you go any further and agree that he
will either fit or commission the boiler. Don't wait until you have
put it on the wall because you may then have problems getting a fitter
willing to take responsibility for the rest of the work. The problem
is that he takes responsibility in law for the whole caboodle so
understandably it's a sensitive issue.

If it were me doing this job for myself, having read the book, I would
buy a flue gas analyser. They cost approx £200.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Lurch

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 20:55:17 GMT, in uk.d-i-y Ian Stirling
strung together this:

Seri wrote:
P.S.
Does anyone know if I need a 'Flue Gas Analyser' to install one of
these?

Does the manual specify one?

I think when the manual say 'have a suitable person commission the
boiler' it assumes he will bring his own tools. It doesn't specify a
screwdriver or adjustable spanner is needed, but they probably will.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Seri

Okay, so I can hire a pretty nifty flue gas analyser from HSS...
Still no idea on whether 'PushFit' copper connections can be used on the
length that actually connects to the boiler though, I can't think of any
reason why not, but then again, I can't think of any reason why they specify
the connection must be done using copper pipe.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again

Seri

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
| On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:09:44 GMT, "Seri"
| wrote:
|
| No mention in the manual of one... didn't know if that meant it
definately
| didn't need one or not...
|
| "Ian Stirling" wrote in message
| .. .
| | Seri wrote:
| | P.S.
| | Does anyone know if I need a 'Flue Gas Analyser' to install one of
| | these?
| |