Ed Rear

Default Taps & tails

I will soon be putting in a new sink unit (stainless steel) and with it a
monobloc mixer tap. I read somewhere that the tap may need to be stabilised
to prevent flexing of the stainless steel. As I understand it, these type of
taps are connected with flexible tails, so how do you make it more rigid?
Sorry for the non tech-speak! I wondered if there is a bracket available to
fit below the flange, but I have not seen mention of anything like that.
Many thanks in advance.
Ed

FrancisJK

"Ed Rear" wrote in message
I will soon be putting in a new sink unit (stainless steel) and with it a
monobloc mixer tap. I read somewhere that the tap may need to be

stabilised
to prevent flexing of the stainless steel. As I understand it, these type

of
taps are connected with flexible tails, so how do you make it more rigid?
Sorry for the non tech-speak! I wondered if there is a bracket available

fit below the flange, but I have not seen mention of anything like that.
Many thanks in advance.
Ed

Top hat washer?

FrancisJK

Andrew Gabriel

In article k%afc.152$pL6.73@newsfe1-win,
"Ed Rear" writes:
I will soon be putting in a new sink unit (stainless steel) and with it a
monobloc mixer tap. I read somewhere that the tap may need to be stabilised
to prevent flexing of the stainless steel. As I understand it, these type of
taps are connected with flexible tails, so how do you make it more rigid?

Fix it in the worktop behind the sink, rather than in the sink itself.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Dave Plowman

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I will soon be putting in a new sink unit (stainless steel) and with
it a monobloc mixer tap. I read somewhere that the tap may need to be
stabilised to prevent flexing of the stainless steel. As I understand
it, these type of taps are connected with flexible tails, so how do
you make it more rigid?

Fix it in the worktop behind the sink, rather than in the sink itself.

The hole in the sink might look odd, though. Suppose you could put a
daffodil in it?

--
*Husbands should come with instructions

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Dave Plowman writes:
In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I will soon be putting in a new sink unit (stainless steel) and with
it a monobloc mixer tap. I read somewhere that the tap may need to be
stabilised to prevent flexing of the stainless steel. As I understand
it, these type of taps are connected with flexible tails, so how do
you make it more rigid?

Fix it in the worktop behind the sink, rather than in the sink itself.

The hole in the sink might look odd, though. Suppose you could put a
daffodil in it?

Sinks often come with no tap hole so a single model can be reversed.
(or alternatively with front and back holes, and a blanking piece,
of which you'd need a second one.)

--
Andrew Gabriel

G&M

"Ed Rear" wrote in message
I will soon be putting in a new sink unit (stainless steel) and with it

monobloc mixer tap. I read somewhere that the tap may need to be

stabilised
to prevent flexing of the stainless steel. As I understand it, these

type
of
taps are connected with flexible tails,

I've just had to buy flexible tails because my taps (Astracast) came with
rigid tails that reached down so far they were visible every time you opened
the door. Try to get a pair of these and bolt them to the back panel.

Old bath taps Mary Fisher UK diy 14 December 11th 03 10:35 PM
Problem with a mixer shower taps jay UK diy 2 November 11th 03 02:21 AM
Swapping meter tails - no consumer fuse Al UK diy 22 October 28th 03 02:22 PM
Taps on basin keep moving John Stumbles UK diy 1 August 12th 03 08:42 AM
Wall mounted bath taps Roger Wareham UK diy 1 August 6th 03 03:49 PM